For those of you eating a 1500 calorie diet what does a typical day of food look like for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I eat 1670 but my meals come in under 1500 most days. (I use the rest of my calories on snacks.)

Breakfast: Steel-cut oats made with almond milk, peanut butter (or nuts), applesauce and cinnamon, plus one serving of cottage cheese and a cup of tea (~400 cal.)
    Breakfast 2: 3-egg omelet with one slice of cheddar, salt and pepper plus one serving of cottage cheese and a cup of tea (~400 calories)
    Breakfast 3: Met Rx Protein Pancakes with low-calorie syrup and fresh fruit (I like this on running days--good healthy carbs.) (~450 calories)

Lunch (weekday): Flatout pita bread peanut butter wrap (it's better than it sounds, honestly), plain or low-sugar yogurt, cheese stick and 1 serving of fresh fruit (~550 calories)
    Lunch (weekend): Grilled cheese on rye bread with soup and veggies (if I have enough calories) (~450-600 calories)

Dinner 1: Fortified pasta with butter and 1 oz real cheese plus carrots and edamame (~600 calories)
    Dinner 2: Vegetarian tacos on whole wheat tortillas with 1 slice of cheddar and carrots (~600 calories)
    Dinner 3: Pan-fried salmon filet (I use calorie-free Pam, not cooking oils) with 1 oz. cheese, carrots, edamame and/or sweet potato: (~350-500 calories)
  • adriennemarieb
    adriennemarieb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, a banana and coffee with creamer

Lunch: 4 oz chicken, 1 cup rice, broccoli

Dinner: 4 oz chicken, sweet potato bake (like the Thanksgiving kind but I skip the marshmallows, I use Martha Stewart's recipe), green beans seasoned and broiled with 1 TBS oil

Snacks: cheese sticks, eggs, almonds, protein shake, etc.
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I rarely get to 1500 calories, but here goes.
    Breakfast: 1 C strawberry/banana smoothie
    Lunch: Chunky chicken nachos with cheese and salad with oil & vinegar
    Snack: almonds
    Supper: 1/2 cup chili, 1/2 cup rice, cantaloupe and blueberries