What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Replies

• TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2016
    5'8"-ish, 130 lbs, 37-27-37, medium-small frame. Clothing size depends on the manufacturer but can range from a US 2 to a 6 in bottoms; 4 is most typical. In tops I usually wear a medium because of my boobs and shoulders, but a small fits better in the waist.
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    I'm 5"6 227 lbs. I'm bursting out of my 14 jeans and I honestly don't know my actual top size. It's tricky because I have 38DDDs, so I mostly stick to one brand. Free people runs large and their larges usually fit so that's what I wear.
    When I was down to 170ish I was a size 10 and a top size medium. It's funny how when I was almost 50 lbs less, I only went down two (and a half) sizes. We all carry our weight differently.
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    5'6". 35/28.5/36. Size 6-10 (US) depending on brand. Size med. tops in general.

Hi I'm 5"6 and I curious to know your weight?

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    I have a weird problem. My waist is 32ish but my thighs don't fit into my pants anymore coz of the squats. I wear a size 38 slim suit and now I have had to buy bigger and tailor down. A completely bespoke suit falls north of 800 bucks and that will make me poor. Weight training comes with disadvantages.

This is also why I have carefully avoided upper body building. If my neck crosses 15.5 inch, shirts bigger than that will fit like a tent.
    I can understand your situation. Having a hip size of 35" is pretty small for a guy, but also having a 27-27.5" waist means that jeans that fit well in waist are a bit baggy in the hips/thighs. While at the same time, jeans that fit well in the waist barely fit my hips/thighs. This is one reason why I am hesitant to gain muscle in my legs.
    Not to mention, a lot of T-shirts that fit well in my shoulders are loose at the waist, while those that fit well at the waist are a bit tight farther up. So it is with having a low body fat percentage…

And I thought only girls have this problem.

If a guy has a trim waist it is hard to find well fitting clothes. I've seen "Young Men's" sections various places that tend to fit closer to the body than standard men's sizing.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    Wow. I'm 5'4 and for most of my adult life have weighed between 140 - 148. I've only worn size 10s and size 12s. I carry all my extra weight in my middle and I don't like to wear anything tight but I'm surprised by all the people around my size who wear size 8s and size 6s. Interesting! Right now I weigh 138 and my size 10s fit fine. Hmmmm.

I am 5'4" too and weigh 138 lbs. Also wear mainly size 10. Sometimes 9. I guess it depends on the bone frame too.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    I'm seeing people on here weighing more than me and in the same clothes size as I am. Perhaps they have more muscle/lean body mass and have smaller measurements? But then again maybe it depends on the designer or country?
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    Wow. I'm 5'4 and for most of my adult life have weighed between 140 - 148. I've only worn size 10s and size 12s. I carry all my extra weight in my middle and I don't like to wear anything tight but I'm surprised by all the people around my size who wear size 8s and size 6s. Interesting! Right now I weigh 138 and my size 10s fit fine. Hmmmm.

I am 5'4" too and weigh 138 lbs. Also wear mainly size 10. Sometimes 9. I guess it depends on the bone frame too.

I'm 5'3" 135ish. I wear US size 6 or 8 in shorts and pants, S or M in tops. I think it depends a lot on where you shop and the cut of the clothing. I was damn shocked that I fit comfortably into an Express size 6 work slacks. Some of it may also have to do with muscle mass. I'm not jacked by any means, but all of my workouts incorporate resistance training.
  • micropreemiemum
    micropreemiemum Posts: 161 Member
    5ft 1in
    105lbs
    UK size 6
  • emily120699
    emily120699 Posts: 32 Member
    5'5 137 lbs long legs, short torso. Larger frame. (Depending on brand) U.S. Pants 4-9 but mostly 7. Medium to small in tops and 7 in dresses
  • lma0423
    lma0423 Posts: 78 Member
    5'6"
    147-151 lbs
    usually size 6 jeans - size 4 in some brand, size 8 in others
    Size 6 dress, occasionally an 8 dress
    Size S tops usually, sometimes M is no stretch due to my broad back
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    lma0423 wrote: »
    5'6"
    147-151 lbs
    usually size 6 jeans - size 4 in some brand, size 8 in others
    Size 6 dress, occasionally an 8 dress
    Size S tops usually, sometimes M is no stretch due to my broad back

Wow. I'm 5'6", and at that weight I was wearing size 10-12 jeans and large shirts. :/ I'm 143 now and size 8, and I only fit into a size 6 when I'm in the low 130s.
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    198 pounds, 5"7, I wear an XL in tops and a 16 on bottom. I'm large boned.
  • llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    5' 5'' 143.2 US size 6 medium top 36-29.5-35
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    5'2...120 lbs today...wearing size 4, but I think I might be able to squeeze into next size down soon!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2016
    Currently 168 lbs., 5'4". US Sizes: generally size 12 in pants, tops size 10-12. Sizes depend on the brand and style though. I've recently purchases women's t-shirts in sizes S, M, XL and they all fit the same. :(
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    5'5.5" and 162 lbs
    40-34-38
    Tops are size sm/medium...though usually medium most of the time
    bottoms are 8-10 US
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    5'9", 163lbs (according to the frame calculators I'm small framed and straight or banana shaped)
    US size medium in tops, size 6 in pants (I can go as small as 4 at Old Navy however), dresses are shenanigans because of my height so I give up :p

Update:

Still 5'9"
    148lbs
    US 2 in pants, not sure how much smaller I can get really without shaving my hip bones down ;)
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    144lbs 5'8
    Size 4 pants (barely Any hips now)
    Medium shirts (Yay) ...wanted to be a small shirt before I stopped losing ..but I don't know may have to start my weight training bulk now since I've really lost just about All of my lower body which is Not good for me... No curves left.
    34-27-34.5 (over bust and at navel)
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2016
    tomteboda wrote: »
    nm1nhwkluybq.png

Even standard sizing is confusing with the straight & curvy variation. Women's clothing likely needs even more variation due to the variations in our bodies.

Ha! Yep, according to this I'm a 2 up top, a 4 in the waist, and a 6 in the hips. Pear shape (of course!) Thank you hips! ;)