Determined December: Week 4 Challenge Check-In (12/22-12/31)

124»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    ((Hugs))) @baconslave hang in there. When it rains it pours. Just hang in there.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Wow- @Baconslave- I hope all goes well with grandma and mom. Diabetes is a hideous disease and IMO it's just not treated correctly. That is why I'm trying to get this weight thing under control- I don't have DM and I don't want it. I'm thinking of a fat fast or egg fast for next week, too.

Have a FANTASTIC birthday celebration. My newsfeed is still MIA so I can't really tell what's happening from my work computer.

BOURBON!!!

Happy New Year, all!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Oh, bac's, that's rotten! It's awful when we watch people we love destroy themselves, and so hard to realize we only have control of our own lives. *all the hugs*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy yourself, be proud of yourself! And... there's gotta be a way to infuse bourbon with bacon...
  • glossbones
    Oh, and names for January...

Rock Your Resolution
    Just Keep Swimming January
    Jumpoff January
    Simple Joys January
    Set Yourself for Sexy in '16
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited December 2015
    @baconslave...Happy B-day! Try to be good to yourself despite family stress!

January suggestions...
    Jamming January
    Joyful January
    Jubilant January
    Jumpstart Your January
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    @baconslave so sorry for the loss of your aunt, and everything that's going on with your mom and grandma. Hope you have a nice birthday, in spite of all the family stresses.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    SW 8/3: 195
    SW Dec 1: 159.0
    CW: 155.4
    GW for December 31: 159 or below, shooting for 157

It was a pleasant surprise to see the a couple lbs drop off in the last few days (sorry I've been getting lazy about checking in here). I imagine I'll blow most of that tonight, lol, but I, fairly confident my January 1 weight will be within my goals. Hope everyone enjoys their New Year's Eve celebrations tonight!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    SW for Transformer DietBet on 8/30: 153.4
    SW for keto, 11/2: 150.6
    CW: 135.6
    GW for December: Was 139.6! Thrilled to be under.
    Long-term GW: 132-133ish; fitting back into my AE jeggings. ;)

Carbicide tonight.
    75 gm net carbs.
    We had house guests, I'm exhausted, lots of treats in the house, NYE celebrating. And I need to get out of the mindset of rewarding weight loss with carbs. I feel sick and have heartburn. Hopefully I'll learn my lesson. WAY too much sugar; blech!! I kept nibbling and then it hit me.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    Thanks for the positive thoughts and condolences everyone.

I was about to post my Wed and Thurs, but it ate it. And I'm mad so I'm not doing it over. :tongue:

My weight is still super bouncy, and it's been too close to my carbsplosion on Christmas for me to let go all the water weight yet apparently. And then there's TOM (GO AWAY!!! :rage: )...This morning I was at 155.6, but I'm not fussed about it. My goal right now is to build muscle, and if my weight doesn't go back down in a day or 2, THEN I'll worry. My current goals are slow ones. It's going to take time to bear fruit. I feel stronger and am lifting heavier little by little. So :+:

Still struggling with chronic fatigue. Hopefully things will be alright financially soon, as in DH's company will find him a project and NOT lay him off, and then I can get some bloodwork done to see if it's D, B-12, or thyroid or whatever.

• glossbones
    edited January 2016
    Starting Weight on 12/1: 142.8 lbs
    Write (+2)
    80 oz water (+2)
    No Alcohol (0, more of a guideline.)
    5,000 Steps (+1. +3 if I get over 10,000)
    Exercise (+1 for basic stuff. +2 for targeted exercise.)
    Affirmation NSV (+1)

12/18 - 12/28 are a whirl! I did log my food but can't be certain about anything except what my fitbit app says in terms of steps and my attempts to record water. Most days I was between 15,000 and 20,000 in terms of steps. Highest was just over 23,000. So there were lots of points getting earned over the break. None for writing. I think hiking Disney World counts for targeted exercise.. so let's say I buried the needle and I won't bother counting trees for the rest of the month. ;)

I did get sick, and I blame that on my cortisol levels being through the roof. I'm trying to ZC my way back to health. That family vacation was super stressful, and I seemed to be the only one 'in charge' at any given moment! It was too much. Next time someone else can be the planner!

Tuesday, 12/29:
    (+1) Write: :) Just a touch. The person in front of me on the plane threw her seat into recline and nearly snapped my laptop screen clean off the hinge, so I was a little paranoid about taking it out again after that. >:)
    (0) 60/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: I tried a shot of "overproof" white rum that my husband got for Christmas. BLECH! It shouldn't count if I hated it, right?
    (+1) 6,149/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Running through airports in a hurry, carrying 30+ lbs of luggage
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: I got home from my 12 day vacation and was able to say I made it through without succumbing to the many MANY temptations of Disney. I thought I was going to have to make myself so many keto fauxsnacks (ice cream, cookies, cakes, etc) when I got home to get over the various things that were put in front of me the whole trip, but I got home and ... I was fine! I hard-boiled some eggs, then bought four pounds of steak to eat for the rest of the week, and only am upset I forgot to buy the goat cheese I wanted to have with it. ;)
    4 of a possible 11

Wednesday, 12/30:
    (+2) Write: :):) I'm struggling through a scene rewrite that's got me flummoxed, but I'm keeping at it!
    (+2) 87/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: None!
    (+1) 6,035/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parking far away (in the snow and rain!)
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: lots of friends I saw over the holiday commented on "how tiny" I've gotten. And I was very happy to talk to some people who were interested in how I ate (even if it was clearly just curiosity). And mom is getting back on the LCHF bandwagon with me in January, and is willing to try not just LC but Keto levels of carbs!
    7 of a possible 11

Thursday, 12/31:
    (0) Write: Nope, didn't get any in :(
    (+2) 134/80 oz water YAY!
    (0) No Alcohol: 1 shot of Stoli, and that's it! I actually planned to have more but didn't care enough to bother later on.
    (0) ????/5,000 Steps - No idea, I forgot to wear my fitbit yesterday. Doubt I reached the goal, though.
    (0) Exercise - Sat on my *kitten* all day
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: was proud to post a photo of myself at Disney on Facebook to say happy new year to everyone. Got tons of likes and a bunch of compliments
    3 of a possible 11

Last recorded weight: 138.2 lbs, Jan 2
    No idea how I lost weight. I ate a TON of food yesterday, it must have snuck out a secret door, because it sure didn't use the main exit! :D

Happy New Year everyone!