• sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Late with my update…

Weekly update (2/15 - 2/21) per Fitbit and Runkeeper:
    Steps: 67,868, or 26.54 miles

Calories out: 16,245
    Calories in: 13,235
    Weight Delta: +1 (is it my logging? Was it all the salt in hotel restaurant food? Was it the fact that I got fewer workouts in because our family schedule was all hosed up? Probably a little bit of all of them…)

Exercise: 1 strength training session (abs and upper body), a 2.6 mile elliptical run, a 1h5min trip to free skate

REALLY want to see the tens digit of the scale go back down… I've been flirting with that threshold for a couple of weeks now. Cross your fingers for me. :p
  • pretty_black0218
    Options
    I hope I'm not to late to join in.
    Name: Beanna
    Starting Weight: 285
    Goal weight: 190
    Sleep:
    Weekly or daily steps: 10,000
    Calories burned:
    Weekly weight loss: 2000-2500
  • bjgenwright
    bjgenwright Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am trying to get in to shape after the passing of my mother , I have gain weight . I feel out of control without her but here I am . My hope is that joining this group will make me feel like I am apart of something as well as be accountable. My weight currently is 250 Goal Weight : 150
  • lookingforonederland
    Options
    Current weight 277, goal weight for now 199-hence the user name :). Daily step goal 10,000-12,000.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Weekly update: I had a really good week!

Starting Weight: 170.4
    2/18 weight: 167.2
    Today: I switched to a 10 day average, as I weigh daily but it bounces around a lot. I do it in excel as I do not have a smart scale. Today's average is 166.5

So nice, steady progress!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    suzan06 wrote: »

Today: I switched to a 10 day average, as I weigh daily but it bounces around a lot. I do it in excel as I do not have a smart scale. Today's average is 166.5

Actually, you don't need a smart scale to use Trendweight. You've got a Fitbit account (I assume, since you're in this group). You can enter your weight manually either in MFP or Fitbit and Trendweight will pull the data from Fitbit. You can even enter past values into Fitbit to get a complete history if you want (I did, although only about 1 per week for the really old readings).
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    suzan06 wrote: »

Actually, you don't need a smart scale to use Trendweight. You've got a Fitbit account (I assume, since you're in this group). You can enter your weight manually either in MFP or Fitbit and Trendweight will pull the data from Fitbit. You can even enter past values into Fitbit to get a complete history if you want (I did, although only about 1 per week for the really old readings).

I had no idea! Thanks. I will investigate. I do have both a FB and MFP account.
  • a1waterlover
    a1waterlover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join up?

Name: Vicki (a1waterlover@gmail.com)
    Starting Weight: 132
    Goal Weight: 110
    Sleep: According to fitbit I really get very very little restful sleep even though I sleep at least 8 hours. (Please help with advice if you want)
    Daily Steps: 2500 (goal is 4000 currently, I hate hate any type of exercise and have to force myself to walk at all)
    Calories Burned:1200
    Weekly Weight Loss: 1
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just got a fitbit surge today; I'll see how it goes

Name: Jeanette
    Starting Weight: 202
    Goal weight:150
    Sleep: we'll see what the fitbit says...usually don't sleep too well
    Weekly or daily steps: none yet
    Calories burned: today; my guess is around 300
    Weekly weight loss: this will be a monthly check in for me as I don't have a scale
  • taneasha
    taneasha Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi, I am super late to this discussion per me just getting the Fitbit Surge about two weeks ago. So, what's the scope of the challenge? Are we just doing a check in with our weight statuses or participating in actual fit bit challenges?
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Week of 2/22 - 2/28 (per FitBit and RunKeeper)

Name: Sarah
    Steps: 75,653 (29.5 miles)
    Calories Out: 17,225
    Calories In: 13,011
    Weight Change: 0

Workouts: 1 strength training session (abs and upper body); 2 spin classes; 1 elliptical run, 1 treadmill walk
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Joining up

Week of Feb 22-28
    Name: Andrea
    Starting Weight: 224
    Goal weight: 145
    Sleep: 6Hr 58Min avg
    Weekly steps: 60,680
    Calories burned: 18,234
    Weekly weight loss: .4lbs
  • GettinSexyFit
    GettinSexyFit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: jae
    Starting Weight: 306.8
    Goal weight: 160
    Sleep: 6 hours
    Weekly or daily steps: 11,000 a day
    Calories burned: just got my fitbit don't know
    Weekly weight loss: 3 pounds

Add me on fitbit and myfitnesspal: GettinSexyfit
  • izzy214
    izzy214 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    tt11167920fltt.gif

WALK 45 Minutes

You’ll lose weight and fat if you walk 45 minutes a day, not 30.
    The reason we’re suggesting 45 minutes instead of the typical 30 is that a Duke University study found that while 30 minutes of daily walking is enough to prevent weight gain in most relatively sedentary people, exercise beyond 30 minutes results in weight and fat loss. Burning an additional 300 calories a day with three miles of brisk walking (45 minutes should do it) could help you lose 30 pounds in a year without even changing how much you’re eating.
  • izzy214
    Options
    Welcome all Newbies! Thanks for joining :)
  • dmarcon
    dmarcon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I love a challenge and really need to buckle down and focus on weight loss and being healthy. I lost 40lbs a couple years ago and gained it all plus some:( I'd love to add fitbit users as friends on fitbit as well. Recently I have lost 9lbs but it is sure slow going.

Name: Darlena Marcon
    Starting Weight: 204
    Goal weight: (small goals) 200
    Sleep: AVG 7-8
    Weekly or daily steps: AVG 7K a day/goal 10K
    Calories burned: 2K AVG
    Weekly weight loss goal: 2lbs
  • izzy214
    Options
    tt11171936fltt.gif

Getting the weight off

Getting the weight off—and keeping it off—is a slow process. Watching the number on a scale can be depressing. Plus if you're focused on losing a set number of pounds in a specific amount of time, missing that goal can be very disappointing. Losing weight should be a secondary benefit to your overall health gains—not your primary goal. The steeper the mountain, the more difficult the first step is. And if you're carrying a lot of extra weight, taking that first step toward a healthier lifestyle can be especially daunting. With that being said, by setting the bar too high, you're setting yourself up for failure. Start by setting modest goals and avoid the pitfalls of burnout or the debilitating repercussions of missing your targets.
  • izzy214
    Options
    Name: Izzy
    Starting Weight: 206
    Goal weight: (small goals) 190
    Sleep: AVG 6
    Weekly or daily steps: AVG 7 to 10,000
    Calories burned: 500
    Weekly:

lost 3.7 pounds last week
  • ThatDoll