When someone gives you unasked for advice at the gym

13»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    If they are trying to be helpful and are fit: Smile and nod. Research it later if you are curious.

If they are trying to be helpful and are not fit: Smile and nod. Research it later if you are curious.

If they are lecturing you: Thank you, but I'm following my own program and I'm seeing results, so I'll stick with it.

What NOT to do: Get upset and tell everyone that someone had the audacity to give you advice, despite their current fitness level.

When someone reads about someone else who doesn't like unsolicited advice at the gym and doesn't like the thread they started about it.

What NOT to do: Start an entirely new thread expressing how you don't think that person should have acted that way and offer other alternatives about how that person should have handled the situation.
    Posting this here was inappropriate. You should have started a new thread instead.

Agreed.
  • this happens to me alot and not just at the gym. even at work.lol
    I smile and just say Thank You!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    If they are trying to be helpful and are fit: Smile and nod. Research it later if you are curious.

If they are trying to be helpful and are not fit: Smile and nod. Research it later if you are curious.

If they are lecturing you: Thank you, but I'm following my own program and I'm seeing results, so I'll stick with it.

What NOT to do: Get upset and tell everyone that someone had the audacity to give you advice, despite their current fitness level.

When someone reads about someone else who doesn't like unsolicited advice at the gym and doesn't like the thread they started about it.

What NOT to do: Start an entirely new thread expressing how you don't think that person should have acted that way and offer other alternatives about how that person should have handled the situation.
    Posting this here was inappropriate. You should have started a new thread instead.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    tumblr_m374kvEJei1rqfhi2o1_500_zpsc1deb7d9.gif