What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Replies

• rose62785
    rose62785 Posts: 2 Member
    If you are looking for a super quick healthy morning meal- Jimmy Dean makes egg white omlets that you heat up for 2 minutes. Our favorite is the farmer which has spinch, bacon, carmelized onion and cheese (which I take off) it is 180 calories and super quick, everyone in my family likes them so I get them in bigger boxes at Samś club.
  • spudz100
    spudz100 Posts: 4 Member
    I usually have plain porridge which I sometimes put some chopped apricots in.
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2017
    I make nearly every morning pretty much the same thing: A spoonful or two of oats/rye mix, a spoonful of unsweetened coconut scrapes, chia, flax, sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds; 5gr each of whatever nuts I have at hand, 10g raisins or dired lingon berries, some cinnamon, and 1/2 table spoon of bee honey. While I wait for the water I added to be absorbed, I have a fruit and a cup of coffee. Fills me up for the next 6-7 hours, which allows me to not bother with lunch and have some quick fruit instead (about 630 kcal with the coffee and fruit).
  • NattScott
    NattScott Posts: 1 Member
    Weetabix & semi-skimmed milk - super boring but surprisingly filling until lunch time! Need to try some new low carb recipes for breakfast though!
  • bbn39
    bbn39 Posts: 2 Member
    porridge with fruits
  • lfmgoss
    lfmgoss Posts: 2 Member
    Schila64 wrote: »
    1 Cup of Steel Cut Oatmeal . I know this might sound weird but I don't like sweets in the morning so I heat up my oatmeal, add a little bit of salt, .5 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese and about 1 tbsp of milk. Yummy
    This is in line to my oats. I add one laughing cow wedge, mushrooms and sometime turkey sausage. delish!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    lfmgoss wrote: »
    Schila64 wrote: »
    1 Cup of Steel Cut Oatmeal . I know this might sound weird but I don't like sweets in the morning so I heat up my oatmeal, add a little bit of salt, .5 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese and about 1 tbsp of milk. Yummy
    This is in line to my oats. I add one laughing cow wedge, mushrooms and sometime turkey sausage. delish!

My husband's favorite oatmeal is topped with poached egg, sautéed spinach and a little parm. So good.
  • ljopurcell
    ljopurcell Posts: 19 Member
    2 egg whites and 1 yoke, a bit handful of fresh spinach, about a tablespoon of shredded cheese. Microwave one minute (stirring halfway through). Add pepper and pink sea salt. It's delicious. I usually have this at home and then when I get to work I have a yogurt or fruit as well.
  • igomez612
    igomez612 Posts: 12 Member
    arunion01 wrote: »
    I make my homemade egg mcmuffin. Microwave the whole egg and use whole wheat Thomas brand English muffin with a piece of Canadian bacon. No cheese.

I too always felt I didn't have time to make breakfast cause I would be late for work but I can make this is about 2 minutes and can eat it on the way. So by the time I'm done brushing my teeth my breakfast is ready and yummy.

I also am a yolk lover. It adds to the flavor and it's not that much more than without it plus it does take as long to fix since you just break the egg and dump it in and not have to spend time seperating it.

• igomez612
    igomez612 Posts: 12 Member
    I LOVE egg mcmuffins! about how many calories does it come out to, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Yesterday's breakfast was better than today's because when I had it yesterday I was not hungry for a lot longer time than today.

Yesterday ...
    Roasted, panko breadcrumb crusted all ... 1 chicken thigh, 1 cup cauliflower and 4 mushrooms and coffee

Today ...
    1 c oatmeal prepared on milk with strawberries, 2 scrambled eggs and coffee
  • bensmom555
    bensmom555 Posts: 38 Member
    My go to breakfast is one of these two:
    1. WW English Muffin with Morning Star Maple Sausage Patty a smear of jam and a fried egg.
    2. Trader Joe's MultiGrain Waffle with a bit of butter, a fried egg on top, and sugar-free Log Cabin syrup.
    Yummy!
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    I've discovered I like savory oatmeal! This was a huge surprise for me. Here's one of my favs:

1/2 c. old-fashioned oats, water, 1/2 avocado (mashed or cut up), 3 egg whites + 1 whole egg (I leave the yolk soft and mix it into the oatmeal), salt and pepper. Yummy and healthy.
  • cotncandyremix
    cotncandyremix Posts: 1 Member
    I work 5 days a week, and the days I work I also bring kids to school, HECK of a morning every morning. On work days our breakfast is Subway. A 6 inch wheat flat bread, toasted, with pepper jack cheese, egg white patti, black forest ham 2 slice, 2 slice tomato, spinach, green pepper, and LITE mayo. All together it's like 390 calories. Just in case anyone was wondering about A fast but filling idea. I also get a Large unsweet ice tea.
  • mspotts90
    mspotts90 Posts: 5 Member
    I am always in a rush to get to work in the morning, so I typically eat a high protein, high fiber bar and an unsweetened coffee. I usually stick with quest bars or thinkthin bars because they are nutritious, yet low in sugar.
  • haileydawn91
    haileydawn91 Posts: 6 Member
    During the week, I love making overnight oats. Because I am DEFINITELY not a morning person, it's so nice to just take them out of the fridge and heat them up and have a warm breakfast in about a minute! There are so many variations, and as long as you put in 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of liquid, you can pretty much throw anything else into there and have a delicious bowl of oatmeal.
    One the weekend, my 'treat' is banana pancakes!! For one person: 1 banana, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of oats and 1/4 tsp. baking powder. Blend this all together, then add berries or nuts or anything you desire. They honestly taste SO DELICIOUS! I'm a huge fan of pancakes but couldn't justify all the calories.

Also.... black coffee brewed with cinnamon in the grounds. This is also very necessary for my mornings :smile:
  • chinaseas5623
    chinaseas5623 Posts: 5 Member
    I usually do some type of smoothie with protein powder, a fruit, kale, ice, and water...sometimes adding a half cup of unsweetened almond milk. But I did try the egg muffins. I was able to make a pan of them (6 - 12). It's a perfect grab'n'go and microwave. You can freeze them if you like. I used egg beaters and varied my ingredients (turkey sausage, mixed peppers and onions, spinach...and you can't forget the cheese.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    hhughes919 wrote: »
    During the week, I love making overnight oats. Because I am DEFINITELY not a morning person, it's so nice to just take them out of the fridge and heat them up and have a warm breakfast in about a minute! There are so many variations, and as long as you put in 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of liquid, you can pretty much throw anything else into there and have a delicious bowl of oatmeal.
    One the weekend, my 'treat' is banana pancakes!! For one person: 1 banana, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of oats and 1/4 tsp. baking powder. Blend this all together, then add berries or nuts or anything you desire. They honestly taste SO DELICIOUS! I'm a huge fan of pancakes but couldn't justify all the calories.

Also.... black coffee brewed with cinnamon in the grounds. This is also very necessary for my mornings :smile:

I'm an oatmeal person too! Your pancakes sound delish. Gonna' have to try them. Have a tip I got from Hungry Girl's web site. I now "grow" my oatmeal. I like hearty meals and if I add twice the liquid to my old-fashioned oats and cook it longer, the oats puff up and pretty much fill my cereal bowl. And all for the same calories as 1/2 c. of oats! Love it! Here's the link: http://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/show/2536-low-calorie-breakfast-recipes-carnival-oatmeal-blueberry-muffin-oatmeal
  • cico48036
    cico48036 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello everyone, new the group...I see all the great sounding breakfast ideas! I boil eggs and put them in the fridge for quick grab and eat on the go. I also like the over night oats, no sugar just cinnamon. I am looking for ideas like this for prep ahead meals to go, sometimes I am on the run.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    edited February 2017
    During the workweek, I alternate between two. Not having to make a decision so early in the day helps:
    1/2 cup Chobani Plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Grape Nuts Cereal, 1/4 cup frozen Blueberries (by the time I get to work, they're perfectly thawed);
    1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant), 1/4 cup raising (microwave 5 minutes at 40% power).

Weekend breakfasts are typically a two-egg omelette with spinach and 1/4 cup shredded cheese; or bowl of cereal. Sometimes during the weekend I may skip breakfast (a no-no, but I just don't feel like eating sometimes).