Whaddya mean fat is good?

2»

Replies

• cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    I set my macros at 5% carbs, 20% protein, and 75% fat. That equals about 100 grams of fat per day. I put heavy whipping cream in my coffee, I eat fried bacon almost daily. If I fry anything, it's done in bacon grease. I add cheese to almost everything. I began eating this way January 19, 2015. In that time I've lost almost 80 pounds, and several inches off my body. I've dropped 6 dress sizes. My RA and Fibro pain are almost non-existent. I'm now off my high blood pressure mess and my triglycerides and cholesterol are both down.
    I'm sold. Plus eating low fat just sucks.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    The unrolled egg rolls were really good. I am having that today for lunch. I try to do the BOC on one day I am off. BPC the rest of the time or nothing for breakfast as I am usually not hungry. The chicken nuggets were a pain. My husband loved them though and he can have the whole recipe because I really do not care for chicken. I've the caveman chili for supper tonight, hubby ate yesterday and said it was good. My coworker tried the beef and broccoli casserole and fathead pizza and said both. we're awesome. I think I am going to make it this weekend. I am going to make some of the muffins this weekend too.

No sides needed at all but sometimes if it is a low low carb day, I will add some collards or green beans. definitely very cheddar and bacon heavy. I have lost 4lbs since starting so will definitely keep going for the month eating his recipes. I am down to 1 snack a day and my appetite is well under control. I actually found out I spent less on groceries getting every thing for the week and was the first time I have been near budget in months. I have been buying what looks good or what is on sale. Will need to do a partial resupply of bacon and cheese. I still think I have enough meat in the freezer to go another week. I just really like having a plan, not that I am following it on point, but I can grab a recipe and go with it.

The grocery bill was pretty high the first time, but we'd been away and were out of a lot. Plus, I was doubling the recipes to account for everyone and I think there was a lot more food than we actually needed (though I'm happy to see that most of it will get eaten). I probably don't need to double the unrolled eggrolls, really, since my mom fears cabbage, and my husband doesn't plan to eat it at all. Then I'll have extra pork and I dunno, maybe I'll scramble that into some eggs.

If you haven't made the almond chicken already, the garlic-chili paste is basically just a thick version of sriracha, so I wish I hadn't spent $4 on a new sauce that turned out to be similar to one I already had stocked.

I was surprised my husband seemed far more interested in the cauliflower casserole rather than the broccoli casserole (which seems totally up his alley). The fathead pizza is tomorrow and we plan to make half of it with cricket flour instead of almond flour! Can't wait to try that.
  • Mamarose1900
    Mamarose1900 Posts: 10 Member
    You said that you're diabetic. I am, too. And I've learned a lot about carbs and diabetes in the several years I've been following the research. I've learned that there's a huge difference between our bodies and the bodies of people who have normal metabolisms. If your glucose levels are consistently too high while eating 100g of carbs, you might try lowering the carbs and adding in more fat. The reason this is so important is that if your glucose levels are high the excess weight tends to stick around. The closer to normal you can keep your glucose levels, the easier it will be to lose weight.

As for what to eat--Google is your friend. There are a ton of good web sites with amazing recipes. Many recipes on the regular food sites are also low in carbs. Some only need simple tweaks to make them low carb. But I've found that the best thing to do is make friends with your kitchen, if you're not already an avid cook. I've been eating some amazing food since I started eating low carb, but it's taken a while to learn the techniques of low carb cooking.

Good luck!