Did you gain weight over Christmas / New Years?

Options

Replies

• Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lbs but I didn't gain any inches over my body so it's probably water. I've already lost 2 of those lbs so I'm guessing the other 2 will drop off pretty quickly.
  • thatspoison
    thatspoison Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I maintained my weight exactly. Slightly weird as I wasn't tracking my calories for two weeks, but I'm pretty pleased.
  • cponeill89
    cponeill89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lbs, weighed myself this morning and I've lost 6lbs since then. So happy with that after indulging a lot over Christmas.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I took a break over the holiday and quickly put on about 10 lbs. Back on the wagon now. No worries.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    10 lbs, eating on the go is what did it, not the holiday meals...and no exercise.

10 pounds :confounded: Working it off now but I have a week long trip with only restaurants. But with that being said: Congrats to everyone who lost!!! :blush:
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    7 lbs, but at least I can blame some of it on being pregnant! :D
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Between Christmas and (past) New Years: 0. Stayed the same. Allowed more indulgences than I should've, but still enjoyed most of it. And then TOM came right after I weighed, so I'm waiting for the monthly drop off. (Hopefully better than last month).

I would say I gained an actual 4-5 pounds between November and mid December from the careless overeating. In the past three weeks or so, I used my food scale more and more often. I'll reevaluate again in two more weeks.
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    kazminchu wrote: »
    If anybody needs to make themselves feel better - I gained almost 13lbs.
    Go hard or go home.

11lbs, but I did go to Cuba all inclusive the two weeks before Christmas, so December was essentially a whole month of fail.
  • changeNeeded87
    changeNeeded87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I gained 8 pounds over the holidays but after New Years, I got back on it with working out and nutrition. Cooking the majority of my meals has really helped. I have already lost the 8 and an extra pound on top of that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    From 11/25 to 12/31 I lost 18.9 pounds. :)

Wow, way to go!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I actually lost almost 2 lbs on my holiday vacation. I had been at a standstill since mid November!

OMG I ALWAYS LOSE WEIGHT ON HOLIDAYS. Maybe it's something about eat more to lose more?

I usually over eat and then afterwards go right back to schedule and lose a ton!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I started the day before thanksgiving 2015 made it through TG, Christmas and New years. I figured if I could do it through the holidays (My toughest time for food being all over the place at work and family) I could beat this weight. I did it! 26 pounds down now........ now if I can just get through that pesky green beer and valentines day hearts! Oh and another weakness those damn Reece's (eggs, trees, pumpkins) man I love those!.
  • sel101190
    sel101190 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got married in November and gained 15 lbs since D: Mostly thanks to the holidays
  • BroseG51
    BroseG51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I am so bummed I am up about 10b!! Time to turn it around. Starting right now today.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I go back to work on Monday and back to my normal routine. Been off MFP for 3 weeks, have way overdone it on the junk food and feeling like a bloated slug. I haven't worked up the courage to get on the scale yet and see what the damage is! Anyone else nursing a Christmas / New Years diet hangover?

My weight was up 1 lb following Christmas + my period week. On Sunday it was down 1.5 lbs.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    7 pounds from the week before Thanksgiving until now (January). Too many good workplace buffets/pig-ins and family meals out. Oh well, back to the treadmill and keeping calories under control - ugh!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    I started the day before thanksgiving 2015 made it through TG, Christmas and New years. I figured if I could do it through the holidays (My toughest time for food being all over the place at work and family) I could beat this weight. I did it! 26 pounds down now........ now if I can just get through that pesky green beer and valentines day hearts! Oh and another weakness those damn Reece's (eggs, trees, pumpkins) man I love those!.

Awesome job!! Those Reese treats always got me too. I've been good though. I haven't had any. :)
  • steph_vt
    steph_vt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Haha yeh i find it rlly hard to exercise when its cold xD and with the holidays i gaines like 7 kg
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning still up 3 pounds from my lowest weight in December. I've been back on track all of this week, so I'm sure it was higher than that! Ready to get it together in 2016 and finally get into a healthy weight range!!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    yep - about 5 pounds. not all of it was fat gain - pretty sure most of it was water/bloat. My next weigh in is Monday morning so we'll see where I am then.