My Diet is Better Than Yours (TV Show)

Options

Replies

• Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

As far as programs, can everyone agree that the superfood swap is the best and the only good one? Not just because she won the half marathon but it really seems like the healthiest and most practical overall. But it showed in the contestants results, energy levels, and effect on her family.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am up to episode 6 and enjoying it. I wish they would show a run down of what each diet plan actually is.

I am enjoying how the guy on the wild diet is losing so well, feeling energized, and finding it so easy. ;)
  • Jozzmenia
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Her wearing make-up or jewelry doesn't bother me. I do that when I work out and it doesn't stop me from getting in a great workout.

I'm sorry I have to respectfully disagree on this one. I think it was cute that Tasha had full makeup all the time but I don't agree that in full (foundation and all) makeup and jewelry you can get a great workout in. A decent one, like walking, yoga, some weights, maybe. But I agree with another poster - it shows you didn't come to break a sweat, and that's not a good start.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So apparently the wild diet guy is only eating 800-1100 calories per day. Seems sustainable.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Jozzmenia wrote: »

As far as programs, can everyone agree that the superfood swap is the best and the only good one? Not just because she won the half marathon but it really seems like the healthiest and most practical overall. But it showed in the contestants results, energy levels, and effect on her family.
    I don't think there is a "best" diet, much less an "only good one", even from among those few offerings. Though reading about what that Superfood Swap is on her ABC blog, it's the one I'm most interested in.
  • Jozzmenia
    Options

I don't think there is a "best" diet, much less an "only good one", even from among those few offerings. Though reading about what that Superfood Swap is on her ABC blog, it's the one I'm most interested in.

Yea I meant from the show not in the world in general. I was saying of all the diets on the show that was the best. But yea it is one I'm looking into. Too bad the book won't be out until the end of the year I'll have moved on to something else by then lol.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Jonna13 wrote: »
    So apparently the wild diet guy is only eating 800-1100 calories per day. Seems sustainable.

They must have gotten into that in the 7th or 8th episode. I find that surprising. Coffee with butter, eggs, greens and meat is usually pretty packed with calories.... Doesn't seem like what he was doing in the first had dozen episodes.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

They must have gotten into that in the 7th or 8th episode. I find that surprising. Coffee with butter, eggs, greens and meat is usually pretty packed with calories.... Doesn't seem like what he was doing in the first had dozen episodes.

I was intrigued by that one until he said that. If he is doing that on a regular basis, that's not sustainable. I get that they were getting regular assessments, but wonder if it caused any health problems. Some parts of the show were interesting, but not enough detail to really tell what happened.

Taj, the one that quit, didn't seem to be ready to lose weight. That is probably why they picked her for the show, to add some drama. I like my trainer because he pushes me, she couldn't stand her trainer because she pushed her. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a trainer.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe Taj said she doesn't respect her trainer. What a terrible thing to say. The trainer is taking time out of her life to help someone and that's how she gets treated? yikes.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options

Whaaat! That's crazy, he said he drinks bullet proof coffee which has butter in it, then talked about how he ate cheesecake and carrot cake. Unless he's only eating two bites I don't get it.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »

Whaaat! That's crazy, he said he drinks bullet proof coffee which has butter in it, then talked about how he ate cheesecake and carrot cake. Unless he's only eating two bites I don't get it.

Unless that poster is logging and weighing that guys food, he has no idea how much he does or doesn't eat. I doubt the show has enough time to show everything all the clients eat.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options

Yea I meant from the show not in the world in general. I was saying of all the diets on the show that was the best. But yea it is one I'm looking into. Too bad the book won't be out until the end of the year I'll have moved on to something else by then lol.

She (Dawn Jackson Blatner) also wrote The Flexitarian Diet, not too long ago. That's probably similar. But the ABC site has a good description of her current diet plan.
    http://abc.go.com/shows/my-diet-is-better-than-yours/news/updates/abc-my-diet-is-better-than-yours-dawn-jackson-blather-superfood-swap-diet
    It's pretty strict but intriguing. Now I think about it every time I have a sweet/treat/alcohol at home and how her rec. is to never do that, only have them when out in social situations. And stick to a monotonous diet at home. I know a lot of people have success through monotonous diets.

I haven't watched the finale yet, I will tonight, but I wonder if the Wild Diet guy was eating so little because he was tired of high-fat foods. That's how I get on Atkins-ish diets. Meat and butter just get unappealing.

• Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad the paleo/wild diet didn't win. I hate that diet. Jasmine totally deserved the win. Good for her. And her superfood swap diet seems sustainable and allows flexibility. Latasha, with all her full makeup and pearls at the gym, did really well too in 3rd place. I bet she'd have lost even more if she hadn't wasted 3 weeks with that loser taskercizing momma's plan.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Her wearing make-up or jewelry doesn't bother me. I do that when I work out and it doesn't stop me from getting in a great workout.

I'm sorry I have to respectfully disagree on this one. I think it was cute that Tasha had full makeup all the time but I don't agree that in full (foundation and all) makeup and jewelry you can get a great workout in. A decent one, like walking, yoga, some weights, maybe. But I agree with another poster - it shows you didn't come to break a sweat, and that's not a good start.

Disagree all you like. You are not correct.

Have you ever seen the U.S. women's track compete? At least a fourth of them are in full makeup (visibly heavy makeup on some), some wear jewelry, and there's a few with some really, really long fake and elaborately painted nails that I'd think would be distracting but evidence suggests otherwise.

They wear that stuff and manage to break American and World records. Several wear it every day, including to workouts. Does not seem to be a hindrance.

A good number of people go straight from work to the gym and don't bother to take their makeup off before working out. Some people don't feel 'right' without makeup on and wouldn't dream of being in public without it. Others just enjoy wearing it and how it makes them feel.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Did you see the show? I googled the track team for comparison. That looks like normal makeup levels to me. LaTasha was in full clown mode complete with pearl choker and dangly pearl earrings, and loose pipe curls, and she was getting distracted by it. Not the makeup but the hair and I bet the jewelry.

I would wear makeup to a televised gym session and I do wear some to the gym, but this was crazy level. Purple, yellow, navy and green eye shadow stripes level. If she'd really sweated hard she would've looked like a bag of Skittles left out in the rain.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    but this was crazy level. Purple, yellow, navy and green eye shadow stripes level. If she'd really sweated hard she would've looked like a bag of Skittles left out in the rain.

I literally LOL'd at that comment!! Haha.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did you see the show? I googled the track team for comparison. That looks like normal makeup levels to me. LaTasha was in full clown mode complete with pearl choker and dangly pearl earrings, and loose pipe curls, and she was getting distracted by it. Not the makeup but the hair and I bet the jewelry.

None of this matters. She still lost 45 lbs and 18.5% of her initial body weight in just 14 weeks. That's incredible. Who cares if she wants to wear pearls and full makeup. If that's what she needs to do to feel confident enough to go to the gym, or go for a run outdoors, then that's what she needs to do. Good for her.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options

None of this matters. She still lost 45 lbs and 18.5% of her initial body weight in just 14 weeks. That's incredible. Who cares if she wants to wear pearls and full makeup. If that's what she needs to do to feel confident enough to go to the gym, or go for a run outdoors, then that's what she needs to do. Good for her.
    Who cares that you hate the paleo diet? This is a forum for opinions. I'm not saying she's doomed to failure for overdressing for tv workouts. I'm saying she looked ridiculous, to me. I haven't seen the finale but the "workouts" of hers I have seen, she wasn't exactly serious. Even her trainer was slack jawed over her dicking around. But you don't have to exercise to lose weight. There's a lot of evidence that for short-term, extreme loss events like this, it actually hurts more than helps.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Did anyone catch the finale? It was good! I hope the show comes back on again. Short and sweet!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Disappointed with the girl who chose to quit, but we all have choices. I too believe she need counseling which is not calling anyone crazy. I have used a therapist many times and I am very grateful for the help I received indeed