My Diet is Better Than Yours (TV Show)

Replies

• Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Can some one tell me who won, I feel asleep before it was over. Guess it wasn't entertaining
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    but this was crazy level. Purple, yellow, navy and green eye shadow stripes level. If she'd really sweated hard she would've looked like a bag of Skittles left out in the rain.

I literally LOL'd at that comment!! Haha.

me too!

I go to the gym straight from work and I don't take my make-up off, but my the end of my workout, most of it is on my towel. I sweat more than a lot of people, but I don't know many people who can keep the make up that perfect while working out. She did well though, so props to her. She had a pretty good attitude for the last couple episodes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    1346724000736537.jpg
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    This was supposedly LaTasha at the end of a half marathon. I think they just did recreations instead of actual workout footage. Why, I don't know. It's not like those ugly-*kitten* "sports bras" they forced the women to wear throughout were attractive.
    l1vgbxejdgdy.jpg
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    This was supposedly LaTasha at the end of a half marathon. I think they just did recreations instead of actual workout footage. Why, I don't know. It's not like those ugly-*kitten* "sports bras" they forced the women to wear throughout were attractive.
    l1vgbxejdgdy.jpg

I think you're right. I mean, after running 13 miles her makeup is perfectly in place.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Jonna13 wrote: »
    So apparently the wild diet guy is only eating 800-1100 calories per day. Seems sustainable.

Where did you see this written? It sure looked like more than that to me.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    So apparently the wild diet guy is only eating 800-1100 calories per day. Seems sustainable.

He said it at a weigh in and his trainer did not disagree
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited January 2016
    Alidecker wrote: »

Not possible. Someone's goofing. I thought the point was that it's NOT calorie counting? Thanks for the reply. cheers
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited January 2016

He said it on the show last night. Shawn asked him how many calories he was eating....guy guessed 800-1100.

At first I'm like yep, total underestimate, but then he said that the day before weigh in he only had a couple bites of a hot dog and 2 shrimp, but was totally full and he's not starving himself because it's all "quality food".

So ya....if that's accurate....bad idea and a real poor example.

Ya his trainer didn't disagree. The other guy in yellow basically said their doing a starvation diet to win. That's when trainer guy got a huge s-eating grin.
  • WalkingAlong

Not possible. Someone's goofing. I thought the point was that it's NOT calorie counting? Thanks for the reply. cheers

What do you mean "not possible"? I figured Kurt wasn't counting to make his decisions throughout the day but he could've been keeping a food log for Abel to keep an eye on. Abel could've counted calories after and told him "dude, eat more, you're only at 800-1100 a day". I can see it being possible if you're trying to win $50k and are truly not that hungry from ketosis, and are tired of the food you can eat.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Did they have the finale already? I just saw the episode where they're 1/2 way through. The show is horrible, but I can't look away! Unfortunately 1/2 of Mississippi is probably putting butter in their coffee now, but it's entertaining.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    RGv2 wrote: »

He said it on the show last night. Shawn asked him how many calories he was eating....guy guessed 800-1100.

At first I'm like yep, total underestimate, but then he said that the day before weigh in he only had a couple bites of a hot dog and 2 shrimp, but was totally full and he's not starving himself because it's all "quality food".

So ya....if that's accurate....bad idea and a real poor example.

Ya his trainer didn't disagree. The other guy in yellow basically said their doing a starvation diet to win. That's when trainer guy got a huge s-eating grin.

Guessed. Yeah. Thanks.

What a bizarre show.

Thanks
  • Sabine_Stroehm

What do you mean "not possible"? I figured Kurt wasn't counting to make his decisions throughout the day but he could've been keeping a food log for Abel to keep an eye on. Abel could've counted calories after and told him "dude, eat more, you're only at 800-1100 a day". I can see it being possible if you're trying to win $50k and are truly not that hungry from ketosis, and are tired of the food you can eat.

Yes, I suppose I shouldn't have said impossible. It's reality TV, therefore totally staged, and not really reality.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Did you see the show? I googled the track team for comparison. That looks like normal makeup levels to me. LaTasha was in full clown mode complete with pearl choker and dangly pearl earrings, and loose pipe curls, and she was getting distracted by it. Not the makeup but the hair and I bet the jewelry.

I would wear makeup to a televised gym session and I do wear some to the gym, but this was crazy level. Purple, yellow, navy and green eye shadow stripes level. If she'd really sweated hard she would've looked like a bag of Skittles left out in the rain.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on how someone else looks - it's human nature to assess those things and form an initial impression. Everyone has different aesthetic tastes and it's pointless to debate them. I was primarily objecting to Jozzmenia's statement:

I don't agree that in full (foundation and all) makeup and jewelry you can get a great workout in.

That's ridiculous. Makeup and jewelry don't stop someone from putting in their best effort unless it's physically limiting. Basic distractions can be ignored if the person wants to put in the effort.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    but this was crazy level. Purple, yellow, navy and green eye shadow stripes level. If she'd really sweated hard she would've looked like a bag of Skittles left out in the rain.

I literally LOL'd at that comment!! Haha.

me too!

I go to the gym straight from work and I don't take my make-up off, but my the end of my workout, most of it is on my towel. I sweat more than a lot of people, but I don't know many people who can keep the make up that perfect while working out. She did well though, so props to her. She had a pretty good attitude for the last couple episodes.
    Yes her attitude did a complete turnaround. That Mama lady trainer was not a good fit for her at all. I did not like her program at all.

• WalkingAlong
    Yeah, technically, you can get a good workout in anything. But I agree with her point that it didn't look like she came there to sweat. Though if the workout footage was as phony as the weigh-ins, which it seems like, I see why she did it, too.

Maybe it was an F.U. to the show for making her wear that hideous green bra-top that wasn't even supportive, and bike shorts, when the men got t-shirts and regular gym shorts.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Did they have the finale already? I just saw the episode where they're 1/2 way through. The show is horrible, but I can't look away! Unfortunately 1/2 of Mississippi is probably putting butter in their coffee now, but it's entertaining.
    Yes the finale came on last night!
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Yes the finale came on last night!

Wow, I think I'm caught up... Did they just do the last 7 weeks in one show? ABC must have abandoned it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited January 2016
    The winner for the best diet was the "Super Food Swap" Diet and 2nd place was the "Wild Diet"!

I feel the quy on the "Wild Diet" was eating over 1100 calories a day because at his weight if he was actually eating 800 to 1100 calories a day with working out he would have won the show and would have been losing double digits each week and if my memory is correct I don't think he ever lost over 9 pounds. Avg weekly loss was 6 to 8 pounds, which is a safer rate anyways. I like this show better than all the rest because the weight loss was more moderate and they had to do it on their own for half of the show. I just hope at least one of them is able to keep their lost weight off. :) From personal experience I feel it is harder to keep lost weight off than the actually losing and someone should have a show about weight maintenance too....lol!!

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I hadn't heard of this before. I am watching it now. Just got to the part where the no-diet guy camped out. Not sure what to think