Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Star Wars The Force Awakens. SPOILER DISCUSSION

_John__John_ Posts: 8,598Member Member Posts: 8,598Member Member
Your thoughts on who Rey is. I'd be most satisfied if she was really no one and just a random force sensitive individual.
edited January 2016

Replies

• myheartsabattlegroundmyheartsabattleground Posts: 2,137Member Member Posts: 2,137Member Member
    Kylo Ren is to Luke as Rey is to Leia.

That's how I feel anyway.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotterLuke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,205Member Member Posts: 4,205Member Member
    I'll only be happy if she is Luke's daughter. I've read all the theories. lol
  • IguessicandothisIguessicandothis Posts: 2,158Member Member Posts: 2,158Member Member
    Luke's daughter
  • davemacdonald31davemacdonald31 Posts: 196Member Member Posts: 196Member Member
    What about Finn? He seems to be pretty powerful. He gets a shot in on Kylo, and can use a lightsaber? What's that all about??? Could he be Lando's kid? I didn't like that character.
  • _John__John_ Posts: 8,598Member Member Posts: 8,598Member Member
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    meh. this is JJ. he's not some visionary who wants to believe how big the universe is really supposed to be. she's going to be a skywalker or other name character.

if it keeps being all in the family, why weren't force sensitive families prized commodities of the old republic? or do FSI (force sensitive individuals) work like Xmen?
  • yusaku02yusaku02 Posts: 3,494Member Member Posts: 3,494Member Member
    She's clearly an android. It's only a matter of time before Cell absorbs her.
    What about Finn? He seems to be pretty powerful. He gets a shot in on Kylo, and can use a lightsaber? What's that all about??? Could he be Lando's kid? I didn't like that character.

he's totally a throwaway character. No particular use at this point. I'd assume light saber skill was due to hand to hand training of storm troopers.

And yeah, I though getting a shot was out of place. you're led to believe a jedi/sith could destroy a normal person.
  • AJ_GAJ_G Posts: 4,202Member Member Posts: 4,202Member Member
    She's Obi Wan Kenobi's granddaughter
  • KenziesFrenziesKenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,019Member Member Posts: 1,019Member Member
    She's Obi Wan Kenobi's granddaughter, I'm SO convinced.

Sorry, you were a day late and a dollar short :p
    _John_ wrote: »
    meh. this is JJ. he's not some visionary who wants to believe how big the universe is really supposed to be. she's going to be a skywalker or other name character.

if it keeps being all in the family, why weren't force sensitive families prized commodities of the old republic? or do FSI (force sensitive individuals) work like Xmen?

well, again, being JJ...they simply won't address that plot point. just like how Chewie seemed to get over Han biting it so quickly. would've turned that movie into something else with a full on bloodlusted wookie rampage for a solid 10 mins.

and why does chewie just walk right past leia so she can go hug someone she's never met? I get force and everything, but that was cold...
  • IguessicandothisIguessicandothis Posts: 2,158Member Member Posts: 2,158Member Member

well, again, being JJ...they simply won't address that plot point. just like how Chewie seemed to get over Han biting it so quickly. would've turned that movie into something else with a full on bloodlusted wookie rampage for a solid 10 mins.

and why does chewie just walk right past leia so she can go hug someone she's never met? I get force and everything, but that was cold...

Haha-I wondered the same thing.
    AJ_G wrote: »

so sometime in the exile he goes from "I took an oath" to "I gotta get laid" ?
    AJ_G wrote: »

so sometime in the exile he goes from "I took an oath" to "I gotta get laid" ?

Yep, he was in the desert for 19 years. Star Wars has used many actors from the UK (Daisy Ridley, Alec Guinness, Ewan McGregor, John Boyega, Liam Neeson), but the only two characters to have a British accent are Rey and Obi Wan. I feel like that's not an accident.

heck why did Leia even hug her to begin with...they'd never actually met in the movie right?

Finn was pretty good though. that "come get it" bit during the lightsaber fight was good stuff even if it was absolutely ridiculous he could even begin to hold his own against a force-ninja like Ren. i would've liked to see Finn lose an arm almost immediately

yeah, if the jacket is back in the next one, when it surely has a 2 foot slice through it, imma be pissed.

• TxLisa251TxLisa251 Posts: 153Member Member Posts: 153Member Member
    I think she's Luke's daughter. Who's the mother though??
This discussion has been closed.