Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things people do in the gym that you LOVE!

Options
13»

Replies

• kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    hottie in a workout bikini doing bent over rows...

This....
    or hotties on the squat rack. Lol
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Female wardrobe malfunctions.

lol cute
    Female wardrobe malfunctions.

I love your honesty

:)
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    AdaruB wrote: »
    Walking in and seeing the squat rack open.

This was going to be mine!
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Good to know people appreciate tips from time to time. Sometimes I don't offer because I don't want to bother them, but can clearly see they need the help.
  • determined_ella89
    determined_ella89 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Have to say.... Seeing the pleasure in their face that they get while watching themselves lift weights.. :love: it's like admiration, almost like they are rooting for themselves.. They look genuinely proud, and so they should be! Love it.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Oh I LOVE this thread.

I enjoy seeing new people joining and watching them progress. I love to see them succeed.

And this happened at the pool but it made me extremely happy.. There was this young woman and she was very obese, I've never seen a bigger person in my life.. And there she was trying to swim and floating around between breast strokes.. She was out of breath and you could see that she was having trouble letting moving but she kept at it for more than 30 min.. And she didn't quit.. She just kept going.. Now that's inspiration

I loved it, I loved seeing her compete with herself, I loved her determination and her courage. I hope to see her swimming again on Wednesday.
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    A_Patient_Wolf Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    +1 million for dedicated people trying to improves themselves, regardless of size. I used to be that guy, ain´t no shame in starting out. Way better than the weight droppers/constant lift-up-my-shirt-oh-thank-*kitten*-I-DO-still-have-abs boys.

I´d be lying if I didn´'t say I'am terribly partial to the fit, scantily clad women, but after my warm up set and serious music goes on for big lifts, there's nobody there but me.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Grunts, man smell, oh the list is endless.
    I also enjoy clean equipment.
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    A_Patient_Wolf Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I'm a grunter. & I stink. & dafuq do girls always come and do hip-thrusts next to me when I'm dripping with sweat and going hard with kettlebells?! I mean there's man smell and then there's pure stank...
  • determined_ella89
    determined_ella89 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yep agree on the grunting.. And man smell.. Something quite attractive about a men getting his sweat on.

Also like seeing that others suffer the same as you do... Especially on that leg machine! I mean having to open and close your legs and try so hard to not make eye contact with anyone is so awkward, especially when the bike machines are lined up directly in front of you :scream::joy: yet funny because you see how awkward it makes the people looking at you in that machine or trying to avoid looking :joy:
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love that 20 years ago I was the only woman doing free weights, and now at least half of those doing free weights are women.
  • Valeska2017
    Valeska2017 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing many things at the gym. I think my favorite is this mom that for the last 6 or 8 weeks always brings her daughter to workout with us. We have Family Zumba every Thursday and the little girl is there trying her best to catch up with the movements. The little girl is overweight and I really give credit to parents that are willing to deal with the issue instead of just ignoring it. Also there's my second favorite, this older woman, she's a gym member for many many years (she makes it clear) but she is very heavy, therefore she always goes to yoga classes (I never saw her in any other classes). She loves to talk, help with gym improvements and give her opinion on how things should be done but she's not focused on really getting in shape, I think she goes to the gym more to interact with people. Not sure yet what to think about it. People are so different. I love it. ;)
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    when they wipe down the equipment after use
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    bump
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I love to see people riding their bikes to the gym or parking in the furthest spot instead of trying to get as close as possible to the door.
  • GulfPirate13
    GulfPirate13 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    There are three older couples (80+) that work out together. It is beautiful! I have befriended and encouraged all of them... I want that!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I love seeing newbie female lifters

I love seeing people doing hip thrusts and not even in a creepy way, just because they're an awesome under utilised exercise and slowly becoming more common

I love watching people doing kick *kitten* body weight work because I suck at it

I love seeing females doing pull-ups

and the obvious ones - empty squat racks (or almost empty gym), racked weights, cute guys
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Squats. That’s why we all joined the gym, right??
  • SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all people with different shapes and sizes. As a beginner who’s not been lifting very long I’m VERY far away from my “hot babe in lulu lemon” goal, so it makes me feel less alone. But I also love seeing people who are at that level because it’s like “omg well done you’re so motivated and hot as hell 10/10”