Cooking with vegetables

2»

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Try adding a fav vegetable to a casserole,such as Mac & cheese with peas,broccoli,peppers etc.All veggies are wonderful in home made veggie soup.Olive Garden has Pasta De Fagioli,east to make,easy to cut in 1/2. freezes in zip lock bags or containers .You can heat for another lunch or dinner.

http://www.copykat.com/2009/03/29/olive-garden-pasta-e-fagioli/So tasty!
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    I cut carrots in to chunks, put them in a baking pan with some pam, add light salt, salt substitute, black pepper, garlic powder, and some cayenne pepper, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes, remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes longer.

The sweetness of the roasted carrots goes well with the cayenne. You probably don't need to cook them that long, but the carrots touching the pan begin to carmalize/burn a bit, which tastes good to me :)
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Bump :)

Great ideas everyone!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 674 Member
    Spaghetti Squash 'pasta' w avocado

Split squash in half the long way and roast at 350 on a pan w water for 40 minutes.
    Cool until you can hold it
    Use a fork to pull the squash out of the rind (should look like spaghetti)
    sauté' 1 small onion and 3 garlic cloves chopped in a pan with 1 TBSP butter (or olive oil) for 10 minutes
    reduce heat
    add 1 sm diced zucchini and 1 sm diced summer squash cook for 10 minutes
    add 8 plum tomatoes diced
    add 1/2 diced avocado and 1/2 of cooked squash (Add more if desired)
    cook for 5 more minutes
    salt and pepper to taste
    Transfer to plate and enjoy!
  • runilious
    runilious Posts: 45 Member
    Wow loads of amazing ideas thank you :)
    the suggested websites are great too
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Thai coconut curry is so wonderful. I've made it with tofu or with meat. There are many recipes online. I use the Mae Ploy curry pastes, but I've also made my own. I usually use onion, bell pepper, zucchini and cauliflower for the vegetables, but I'm sure many other vegetables will work. I'm waiting for asparagus to go on sale so I can try that.