Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Four weeks out, but currently have just over this 193kg/425lb penciled in for my 2nd attempt of squat.

Good speed on that.
  • Even though this is still technically warmup weight, this is the best that 185/407 for 2x2 RPE 6 has ever moved. I love love love training with this equipment.

I feel like I finally have low bar down. It was a md struggle, but well worth it.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Four weeks out, but currently have just over this 193kg/425lb penciled in for my 2nd attempt of squat.

Good speed on that.

Thanks, appreciate that.
  • 172.5kg squat pb. Surprised at this as there was no training block or cycle behind, also I'm losing weight too

• Chieflrg
    Recovery day went well.
    Last two sets.
    Vid 1: 275×5 @8
    Vid 2: 270×5 @7

• Chieflrg
    Deadlift was my final lift and worked up to a triple with resets of 215kg/475lbs×3 @ 9ish with one triple back off of 202.5/425lbs×3 @7.5.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    I did a local open meet on Saturday. After a sketchy start falling forward in the hole with my opening squat, I hit all my other attempts. It was the first time I squatted from a monolift and I think the straps kind of threw me off.

I got a PR total of 305 at 55.2 bw. This is my final deadlift. I've gotten this before but at a higher bodyweight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCYqzf3iuFQ
  • Chieflrg
    I did a local open meet on Saturday. After a sketchy start falling forward in the hole with my opening squat, I hit all my other attempts. It was the first time I squatted from a monolift and I think the straps kind of threw me off.

I got a PR total of 305 at 55.2 bw. This is my final deadlift. I've gotten this before but at a higher bodyweight.

Love the long pull, well did!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member

Love the long pull, well did!

It's always nice to know I didn't leave any kilos on the platform. It's the best way to end a meet.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Beginning to peak, heavy singles from last week

Also, see how nice my rehabbed plates look? I like nice things.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    So much awesomeness in here!
    255/562 all time deadlift PR!

And, I had more in me. Not much, but more.
  • Chieflrg
    Sunday's meet complete. ...
    Ended up with 1 red light all day. A total of 6 PRs and unofficially broke State Masters Squat record twice as well as the State Total for Masters twice.
    Opener: 185kg/407.9lbs
    2nd: 195kg/429.9lbs (IL record)
    3rd: 200kg/440.9lbs (IL record)

Nice job Lanny!
  • Chieflrg
    Bench went 3/3 with 9 white lights ended up with a 7.5kg-16.6lbs meet PR. I was fighting some glute cramps after squatting but everything worked out. One thing I didn't realize the mandatory liftoff was a new rule in the #usapl. Luckily @flugger128 was in the seats and stepped in to give me a few practice liftoffs, ty bud. Honestly thought I had more if I could of unracked myself. My setup wasn't optimal, but nonetheless I adjusted for the situation and added to my total.
    Opener: 132.5kg/292.1lbs
    2nd: 140kg/308.6lbs
    3rd: 145kg/319.7lbs

• natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Bench went 3/3 with 9 white lights ended up with a 7.5kg-16.6lbs meet PR. I was fighting some glute cramps after squatting but everything worked out. One thing I didn't realize the mandatory liftoff was a new rule in the #usapl. Luckily @flugger128 was in the seats and stepped in to give me a few practice liftoffs, ty bud. Honestly thought I had more if I could of unracked myself. My setup wasn't optimal, but nonetheless I adjusted for the situation and added to my total.

I would say you had more as well! That looked easy for you!
  • Chieflrg
    edited March 2018

I would say you had more as well! That looked easy for you!

It was, the first vid is my opener which was light by 2.5. By pushing the white arrow on the right of the vid-player when the vid is olaying, you can see the harder lifts.
  • Chieflrg
    Thanks @genopowerlifting for making me & some people attending laugh during my opener(3rd vid) deadlift setup with your observant and crafty mic skills. Pajamas cheering me on-Hahaha!
    Ended up with a meet PR on deads of 17.5kg/38.6lbs. It was also my first time pulling sumo. I plan on switching back to conventionals ASAP now that I can train them again without excessive pain.
    A meet total of 580/1278.7 which is a meet PR of 40kg/88.2lbs. Unofficially adds to my current Illinois Masters state record.
    Missed breaking master state record on deadlifts by 5kg/11lbs. I definitely had the strength, but made a bad # call on my 3rd attempt not thinking imy 2nd moved well enough to go for it. Next meet I'll correct this one flaw in the meet.
    Final: 235kg/518.1
    2nd: 227.5kg/501.6lbs
    Opener: 215kg/474lbs
    All in all a sucessful meet with PRs breaking PRs and the two unofficial masters state records.
    A really well put together meet and we'll ran. The gym is crazy awesome.