Once condiment or spice you could not live without

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Salt and pepper are a must. I LOVE Penzey's Spices and they have a premixed seasoning called Arizona Dreaming that is AMAZING. A lot of the spices have low-sodium options too, so if you are new to cooking and want to add more flavor to your dishes, some of those mixes are good places to start!

But seriously, you would be amazed how good things taste with just the right amount of salt and pepper.

I love Arizona Dreaming and all of Penzey's spices that I have tried.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Garlic/pepper and cayenne or some other sort of spicy item.

I have Garlic Salt so I usually void salt from things because if I use both, it's just too salty.
    Also ketchup as my condiment lol
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    peanut butter (yes, its a condiment for me) and thai chili peppers (for my spice).
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Chocolate syrup, jalepenos and ranch dressing. But not together, I'm not crazy.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    fish sauce....it's so versatile.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Almond Butter:-)
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Dill and Parmesan cheese
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Salt and pepper are a must. I LOVE Penzey's Spices and they have a premixed seasoning called Arizona Dreaming that is AMAZING. A lot of the spices have low-sodium options too, so if you are new to cooking and want to add more flavor to your dishes, some of those mixes are good places to start!

But seriously, you would be amazed how good things taste with just the right amount of salt and pepper.

I love Penzey's spices
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    Tapatio
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Ranch dressing! I'm from texas, that's my excuse. I found that if I buy the seasoning mix and stir it in fat free sour cream, the calorie count is way lower, and still delicious !
  • 505h17
    505h17 Posts: 41 Member
    Olive oil, garlic and oregano
  • SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Pepper and mayo
  • skinnymusicteacher
    skinnymusicteacher Posts: 33 Member
    Nutritional yeast! It's packed with protein and has a nutty, cheesy taste - I put it on/in everything from popcorn to baked potatoes to pasta to soup.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Ketchup. If I can only pick one.

Otherwise, salt, sriracha and yellow mustard make the list too.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Soy sauce and marmite (not in the same food).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Garlic, mustard, pepper.
  • slyce0flife
    slyce0flife Posts: 19 Member
    Garlic, sriracha.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member

I've never heard of Penzey's Spices but I went to their website and found four that I've already ordered. Prices are really good.
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Spicy mustard..
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Ketchup. From Kroger, specifically. Only 15 cals per 2 Tbsp.