13»

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Jesikuh094 wrote: »
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Jesikuh094 wrote: »
    I always workout in the morning before work and I feel great for the first 4 hours or so into my *kitten* but then I get hit with a wave of drowsy and I can't seem to shake it.

Any suggestions?

Ketogenics

Carbs make you tired, if you eat low fat and low protein, your body doesn't have the proper energy reserves to keep you going through your day.

Consider not eating carbohydrates for a month to test out the theory.

Okay, I can try. I dont know how well I will do!

this is not necessary. carbs are not bad.

really, you can just try caffiene, more sleep, check for anemia, etc

this!
    I feel like while eating low carb works great for some people, it's not the answer for everyone. Try making sure you're meeting your macros, especially protein, and maybe you need a few more calories after your workout and fewer later in the day.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    I workout at 5 am 3 times a week for heavy resistance training. You need to find out how your body responds best for you. Hydration is important. Sleep is important the night before. Get to bed to early. I actually love espresso but use a preworkout filled with caffeine so I wont drink any espresso/coffee on training days. Carbs are not the enemy. They fuel your workouts. Best advice is get more sleep.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    I
    Love to workout in the morning. To get it done and I'm with you I get so tired. My advice is an energy bar or protein shake in the afternoon.
  • Jesikuh094
    Jesikuh094 Posts: 48 Member
    tracefan wrote: »
    I
    Love to workout in the morning. To get it done and I'm with you I get so tired. My advice is an energy bar or protein shake in the afternoon.

Glad I'm not alone lol