Why do you hate Dr. Oz?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    star1407 wrote: »
    Ok I'm clearly being thick here.........
    What's the deal with the op's name?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Yellen
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Oh. Thank you for that. Gosh, that explains so very much. I thought people would know that I just made up the name. Should I change it?
    @earl - But I actually find the show a bit entertaining. Just like some people find Judge Judy entertaining. I used to watch Oprah years ago.
    Oprah used to also come on when I started preparing dinner. I enjoyed the entertainment.

Absolutely NO ONE believes you pulled a name out of thin air that happens to be Chair of the Federal Reserve and also accidentally used her face in the profile picture. STOP TROLLING.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member

Google Janet Yellen.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    edited January 2016

Janet Yellen is a well known economist and Chair of the Federal Reserve. OP made a comment above about the sharemarket and selling everything, commented (*note the name) then edited that out and stated she just made the name up. Her profile pics also indicate that she's impersonating.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Methinks he's just yanking our chains. :lol:

Yep. Has been here and on other threads for days. But there are lots of people out there who *do* care about Dr Oz and every reply gives this thread a better chance to reach those lurkers.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,780 Member

Janet Yellen is the 15th Chair of the US Federal Reserve. OP's avatar contains a likeness of Ms. Yellen throwing dollar bills out of a bus. That is all.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Lol ok so I googled and read Wikipedia as soon as I posted, should have done before posting really my bad
    Hmmmmmmm
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    I thought everyone would know who Janet Yellen was. This is bad? Please tell me.
    I honestly did not put more than 1 second's worth of thought into it.
  • MelaniaTrump
    edited January 2016
    So is it bad to use another person's name? She's been on TV for the last month. Just thought it was funny. Watching the markets is a hobby.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Hold up. Didn't you JUST say that watching the markets wanted you to sell everything, so that's why you watch Dr Oz?
  • MelaniaTrump
    At 4pm the market closes, and it's pretty much over. Dr. Oz comes on at 4
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Hold up. Didn't you JUST say that watching the markets wanted you to sell everything, so that's why you watch Dr Oz?

And that she made the name up. Yes. Welcome to trolling at its best.
  • star1407
    In my defence I'm English. Ok English people who knew who she was..... Sshhhh
  • MelaniaTrump
    Keep in mind that this is a place of support and friendships.
    Many people have helped me more than I could ever, in a million years thank them for.
    I am sorry if the name Janet Yellen upset anyone. I meant no harm.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Keep in mind that this is a place of support and friendships.
    Many people have helped me more than I could ever, in a million years thank them for.
    I am sorry if the name Janet Yellen upset anyone. I meant no harm.

Do you think Janet Yellen would want people wandering the internet using her name?
  • MelaniaTrump
    HA !
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member

I'm a Canadian in Australia and I had no idea who she was ... but just figured I'd google the name to see ... :)

• star1407
    shell1005 wrote: »

Here is the sad truth....most of the American population also wouldn't know who she is. We's dumb a lot of the time. Heck, we are *this* close to nominating Donald Trump for President.

To quote one of your guys
    " YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS". People aren't really in support of him are they? He's vile
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »

Here is the sad truth....most of the American population also wouldn't know who she is. We's dumb a lot of the time. Heck, we are *this* close to nominating Donald Trump for President.

Serious question- all joking aside. Do you really think he has a chance or are you kidding ? I'm just curious. ( I don't think people would really vote for him but I don't know much about politics. I'm also from Atlantic city so I am biased for sure )
  • MelaniaTrump
    Who else could beat Hillary?
This discussion has been closed.