TotalDetermination's journal

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    YAY!!!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Today was ok. Definitely over calories but not totally out of control.

I want to prove to myself that I can do this.

Tomorrow will be an 'in control' day. I plan to post back here tomorrow after I have succeeded. I am quietly confident.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    You can do this.

You can do this.

You can do this.
  • totaldetermination
    Thankyou @wifiresgettingfit.
    You're right !!
    :):):)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I know it =)
  • totaldetermination
    Another good day.
    I made so many good choices today.
    Yay!
  • totaldetermination
    An ok day. Lots of good choices but a couple of not so good ones when the office birthday cake came out.
    Calorie wise I'm sure I was over. That cake was very delicious and im sure very calorific. but it was just one moment in the whole day and in terms of being in control I did ok the rest of the day. Obviously at some point I'm going to have to start thinking about calories but for now to just get back some sort of control is a victory.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    How are things going now?
  • totaldetermination
    Gosh it's been nearly a month since I logged in. I'm not doing well but it's not terrible. What I mean is that sometimes when I'm not doing well it's a lot worse than now. I'm really busy and don't have time at the moment to be logging in (or spending too much time on what I eat).
    I'm just logging in today so I don't forget about this group altogether.
    Be back soon. Hopefully next week :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I look forward to you being around!
  • totaldetermination
    ok, summer is over and im back.
    no excuses.
    starting today.
    unfortunately my eating has gotten worse and worse over the last couple of months.
    step 1 - get back in control.
    starting now.
  • totaldetermination
    for a first day back on the job it went really well.
    :)
    still got to improve on it, but im happy with how it went.
  • totaldetermination
    second day was much less successful. that's a gentle way to put it. in reality it was a failure. still at least ive started. and im writing here. so thats 2 successes. i need to drink more water. fill my belly with water. ill do that tomorrow.

it feels strangely good to be back. at least its nice to be in a place where im trying to care for myself (even if its not working). its better than the disturbed sense of self sabotage that i sometimes feel.
  • totaldetermination
    new day.
    make it work.
  • totaldetermination
    edited September 2018
    i keep forgetting to try.
    i am just eating without even remembering that i want to be watching what i eat.
    tomorrows a new day.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Have you tried writing a list of your reasons and leaving it near your bed so it's front and center when you wake up? It may help to have that reminder first thing.

I fall into this same problem and the realization tends to hit me after the damage is done.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    How are things going?
  • totaldetermination
    im back. :)
    im not sure how well ill do but any improvement on what im doing now is a win.
    so i didnt just fall off the wagon i launched myself off it and fell so far away that it was just a distant blur on the horizon. i forgot there even was a wagon.
    but now im back.
    and if finding the wagon was hard, climbing on board will be even harder.
    but it all starts with the first step - which ill take tomorrow. (im chuckling to myself as i write that but starting today with the party i am going to tonight would be setting myself up for failure).

a big welcome to the new people in this group. i look forward to catching up with everyone's journals as soon as i can.
  • knorris84
    knorris84 Posts: 141 Member
    Hi I'm Kerri! Welcome back! We all struggle from time to time. Shoot I just had some major binge days and have just now gotten myself back on track. It's always great to have a place you can go and get some support and that's what we are all here for. One day at a time, one meal at a time! 🙂
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi there! Welcome back :) I hope you've been able to climb back on!