Anxiety and Depression

2»

Replies

• marciarwatson
    marciarwatson Posts: 3 Member
    I am 71 years young, suffered from depression since my early 20s. I fight daily to not go down the rabbit hole. I am extremely overweight and have adapted a do nothing life style. I hope to gain some guidance from this group on how to get myself out of the chair for exercise and not just go to the frig.! Suggestions?
  • marciarwatson
    marciarwatson Posts: 3 Member
    Whodat8383 wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to be friends/offer suggestions? Exercise (& medication) makes me feel better. I have a LONG road ahead. I've mostly been walking, just the last few weeks.

I would love to form a support system with you. I too have been trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet. I am successful about 40% of the time. Journaling my food intake is humbling and has started to make me think before I stuff something in. Exercise is another story. I need a kick in the butt to get started. We can encourage each other toward a healthy physical life style. Hey it may improve our mental illnesses?
  • weissclyde66
    weissclyde66 Posts: 9 Member
    I struggle with anxiety and depression... Mostly panic attacks, but I am on medication that seems to level me out and I am eating better, working out, it's hard for the workouts, my body has issues... Lol, I broke both of my feet , one in 2010 and one in 2015, I have a bad right knee, will probably need a replacement, permanently broken right wrist, it's my lunate bone it can't be repaired, I have bad joints due to a medicine I was on.... So I do what I can and I am proud of myself... I am trying and I pray I'll get there someday, I also have up cigarettes cold turkey.
  • kelleyboo77
    kelleyboo77 Posts: 6 Member
    ssernst wrote: »
    I also struggle with depression and anxiety as a result of bipolar II. Medication is a necessity for me but I have had a hard time staying with an exercise routine.

Please feel free to add me; I am happy to support and can use some myself :smile:

Anxiety and depression here. Struggling to find the energy to stick with workout program.