Cheat Day Or No Treat Day?

13»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have one cheat meal a week, usually on the weekend since I can exercise more. Last week I had a lot of pizza for dinner, 3 pieces :open_mouth: but on the flip side, I was out shopping all day. The best exercise. I also have small treats every day if they fit into my macros, like 90% dark chocolate or SF jello.

I never have an entire cheat "day" where it's a free for all, lol.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited January 2016
    Your body doesn't understand days weeks months it simply loses weight when your eating less than your burning off
    I'd only have a cheat day once a month until goal as you can eat a load calories on s cheat day tbh is also count cheat day calories as if you have s cheat day weekly you can easily blow your burned up calories as you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1lb fat so if on a cheat day you ate 7000 calories that's 2lbs
    You need to change your mindset life isn't more exciting over eating life shouldn't be happier more fun as food, food is to live not to use to make your life happier. Yes we all enjoy social side of eating but that shouldn't be the food that should be the company. If your finding life boring eating healthily then maybe counselling is good as otherwise a life of yoyong is infront of you I know I've been there.
  • walkywish
    walkywish Posts: 48 Member
    I have a cheat meal VERY occasionally - like once a month. I did it last night. It's my TOTM and I had given blood. I was just craving nice food. So I had it. Will now be good all week and weigh in 7 days :)
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    No, I can't have cheat days. A cheat meal? Sure. But it's never a planned cheat meal. I made pie crust with lard last night for a chicken pie and that, together with other snacks I'd had, pushed me about 500 calories over my limit. So now I have to restrict myself for the next couple of days to compensate.
  • ck763074
    ck763074 Posts: 12 Member
    I know a lot of people will have a cheat MEAL and not a cheat day. This can help satisfy cravings without undoing multiple days of calorie deficits. Also you can plan to eat less that day if you know you might have an 800-1000 Calorie dinner.
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    I have cheat days like once a week, and then again every few months I take a week off. I think it helps my metabolism go from sluggish back to being a little faster.