hi...looking for friends/motivation

Replies

• HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    hi looking for friends who come on often and few with some clean snacking ideas

Clean snacks.....oranges! They come in their own package too.
  • Lindsaykathryn
    Lindsaykathryn Posts: 27 Member
    I am looking for more friends, I like to post motivational messages! Add me!
  • sarahkatie2019
    sarahkatie2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Anyone can add me.
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Staring this weight loss thing again, I need friends to help me be accountable. Please add me!
  • HotMermaid729
    B)
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Same boat hit me up. Any of y'all. I'm starting over myself post injury. Let's do this!
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Add me too I have a lot to lose and looking for people to help with motivation and accountability
  • laurelca212
    laurelca212 Posts: 6 Member
    New and looking to keep on track this time! Add me and hopefully we can keep each other motivated, doesn't matter how much you have to lose, just looking for support and motivation!
  • HotMermaid729
    B)
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    In November I lost my job of 16 years. Wracked with depression, diabetes, bad cholesterol, a crumbling 6-year relationship and gaining back most of my 115 lb. weight loss of ten years ago, I was up against it. My career as a teacher was over; my acting career was in the past, my writing career flatter than a pancake and my health insurance gone. This baby boomer was in trouble. So I decided to work out and try to get better. For six months, despite weighing well over 300 lbs. I swam five days a week and played tennis 3 times a week. I did not count my calories or weigh my food, but I ate somewhat healthy if way too much. On the day I found out I had cured myself of diabetes and had my best cholesterol of my life, especially the bad cholesterol, which was now normal, … I broke my foot playing tennis. My six-year relationship was dead and now I lost my number one social joy of my life paddle tennis. I played with a group of mostly men and every few days we trash talked each other as we played paddle tennis hard. And we laughed... a lot. I also lost my number one exercise swimming. I often swam a mile and loved the hour of nonstop swimming that was both meditation, healing and competitive. My competition was myself and I loved trying to beat my 1 hour and seven minutes record to swim a mile. The world record is about 16-18 minutes to swim a mile, so I had lots of room to grow. Gone. I took up weight lifting but I gained 16 lbs in a month, mostly fat, and was terrified. No girlfriend, no job, no social life, no swimming, no tennis, no clothes that fit, no health insurance, (I’m working on it, but my depression makes it difficult never mind the hoops I have to jump through.) I was terrified. Was diabetes going to come back, never mind everything else? So I got back on myfitnesspal.com and started weighing and measuring my food. Day One June 3rd I weighed 358.2, today June 27th I weigh 338.8. I’ve lost slightly over a 16 lb bowling ball and a human brain(My brains on the heavy side, large head, hard to find hats that fit). A long journey begins with a few steps, if I’m climbing Everest the ground is still kind of flat, but when I turn around I’ve got a little distance happening. I’m a food addict, there are no guarantees I will do this tomorrow, but I want to get to the top and I don’t want to stop. I’d love some friends on the site to watch their news feeds and allow us to keep our spirits high as we encourage each other. I’m off to the gym for an hour of weight lifting. Swimming should be back in four weeks (fingers crossed) and tennis in three months. Wishing everyone the best. Onward and upward, or should I say ONWARD AND DOWNWARD. : )
  • raydara
    raydara Posts: 6 Member
    If there's anyone out there walking the tightrope of restrictive eating, or working to improve their self-love and body image, I'd love to connect. Anyone else is welcome, too. :)
  • Ray_Libby
    Ray_Libby Posts: 874 Member
    I have lost about 54 lbs and have a few more stubborn pounds to go but always like to connect with others who are on the life long weight loss journey and maintaining. Add me if would like to
  • Tlasublime1983
    Tlasublime1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Looking for friends !!!! Not able to log into my old mfp so I have to start over
  • Buttermcbutter
    Buttermcbutter Posts: 411 Member
    Looking for friends that log every day and want to be encouraged and have fun.
  • HotMermaid729
    B)
  • HotMermaid729
    Hope everyone is doing well tonight...my weekend starts now! B)
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    Long time logged (905+ days) originally lost 9 stone, 126 pounds. But due to ill health I’ve rebounded. Looking to restart with new friends and new accountability.
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Back on MFP after a few years away. Looking for friends for fitness activities and motivation in the Portland/Gresham area. Just trying to be healthier, enjoy life, and drop a few pounds. I live in the Parkrose/David Douglas area on the East side of Portland. Walking the neighborhoods, walking around Glendoveer, or on the Columbia river path off Marine Drive. My fit bit died in March and I finally ordered a new tracker last weekend, hope it arrives mid-week. 50 something female wanting to drop 30-35 lbs (185-150), walking, swimming, dancing, and a whole lot of laughing over our struggles with finding healthy meals... N such...
  • HotMermaid729
    B)
  • RoxanneTarver
    RoxanneTarver Posts: 17 Member
    Hey yall! Feel free to add me! Im here for support on this weight loss journey because nobody in my life understands how hard this is for me. So im looking for support/accountability partners. Im also here to support others!!!