Sean's OMAD Log

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    that's the spirit Sean, I'm doing the same thing, putting this week behind me and concentrating all my good energy on this week!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I love salmon, I think it is probably my favorite food. I could eat it everyday (if not so expensive) and not get tired of it!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Like talapia, salmon is soo versatile!
  • Eidian
    Eidian Posts: 35 Member
    Hey guys. A little update for me here... I'm actually going to stop OMAD for a bit because I'm going to go on a diet with my parents (kind of a group support thing hehe). Neither one of them are particularly interested in OMAD, so I've decided to try out an Alternate Day Fasting diet with them. It seems a bit more friendly to those leery of fasting, so I figure that's the best way to go. I might switch into an eating window after that, but I'm not gonna try to think too far ahead at the moment.

I'll do a 30 day experiment with it and see how it all works out. I may do OMAD again in the future, but for right now I just want to get myself and my parents onto a diet that we'll all enjoy.

I'm doing a few other things for my overall health too: cutting out artificial sweeteners, starting weight lifting, and cutting out junk food/fast food. I think the artificial sweeteners have been giving me appetite issues and junk food cravings. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/pdf/yjbm_83_2_101.pdf]

I don't know if I'll continue posting here, since I won't be doing strict OMAD. I don't really want to cramp anyone's style, though I really appreciate everyone's support. Good luck on reaching your goals.
  • arguablysamson
    Eidian wrote: »
    Hey guys. A little update for me here... I'm actually going to stop OMAD for a bit because I'm going to go on a diet with my parents (kind of a group support thing hehe). Neither one of them are particularly interested in OMAD, so I've decided to try out an Alternate Day Fasting diet with them. It seems a bit more friendly to those leery of fasting, so I figure that's the best way to go. I might switch into an eating window after that, but I'm not gonna try to think too far ahead at the moment.

I'll do a 30 day experiment with it and see how it all works out. I may do OMAD again in the future, but for right now I just want to get myself and my parents onto a diet that we'll all enjoy.

I'm doing a few other things for my overall health too: cutting out artificial sweeteners, starting weight lifting, and cutting out junk food/fast food. I think the artificial sweeteners have been giving me appetite issues and junk food cravings. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/pdf/yjbm_83_2_101.pdf]

I don't know if I'll continue posting here, since I won't be doing strict OMAD. I don't really want to cramp anyone's style, though I really appreciate everyone's support. Good luck on reaching your goals.

Alternate day is almost the same as OMAD. Your choice, dude. But this makes me nervous.

Your words tell me you are trying to take on too much. You've got to do what YOU have to do, not for someone else. And family can be the worst to work with for goals such as these. Artificial sweeteners should be the least of your concern, believe me. And you don't need weight training at this point, in my opinion, friend. You need stability. You'll go round and round and this new effort will end in about a month with you no better off, I'm afraid.

Hate to sound like a jerk, but straight ahead is the way to go. I hope you aren't avoiding that.

Good luck. Feel free to report back.
  • blambo61
    Count your cals and don't overeat on your off days. I think most people would lose some weight even if they ate 3 meals a day if they didn't snack and when they did eat, they didn't eat high glycemic index foods like refined grains, sugars, and juices that spike insulin which causes fat gain and turns off fat metabolism. I think a big reason omad works is you don't spike your insulin for a long time which lets your body burn fat (in addition to the calorie deficit you get). Good luck.
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Wish u all the best of luck reaching your goals, no matter how you get there. Keep us posted.
  • blambo61
    How's it going?
  • Eidian
    I'll be honest. I haven't really been dieting. I'm hovering around 362 at the moment.
  • blambo61
    You got to do it! Start easy if nothing else. Try just skipping breakfast and keep lunch low carb and eat like you want for dinner. I think that alone will give you health benefits and will result in weight loss. I think you will feel better too. Good luck. It is worth it!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    I agree with Bob -- just one teeny, tiny step at first and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Go nice and easy on yourself and don't judge yourself for anything you do or don't do. It's the judgment that takes its toll on us.
  • Eidian
    I've decided I'm gonna do OMAD again. I've been semi-following alternate day fasting lately and I just don't enjoy eating heavy during the day.

I'm gonna make a modification to OMAD for myself though: I'm going to have fruit during the day when I'm hungry. This is more Warrior Diet-y, but I'm not really following all of the food combining rules of the Warrior Diet.

I feel like the every day fasting has a better healing effect on me (better skin, better digestion, feeling lighter, etc.) than have a light day and a heavy day of eating, which is pretty much what ADF is.

Anyway, I'll do at least 16-18 hours of water fasting, then I'll eat fruit whenever I'm feeling (real) hunger up to a large dinner. I'm not going to go super low in calories through because I find my willpower and energy crashes easily if I do a low calorie diet. The weight loss might be slower, but it'll be more sustainable for me. I just can't do 1,000 calories a day, my energy crashes after awhile.

I want to build muscle while I lose fat too, so I'll need to eat enough for that while still sustaining fat loss.

Good luck, everyone.
  • arguablysamson
    edited March 2016
    Good to know.

Set your calories at between 1,400 and 1,600 per day. That is enough to entertain fast weight-loss, but not enough to jeopardize you. You can do it. But remember that once the guidelines are laid down, you've got to stay with them. There will be tough days and periods, but once you come to grips with what you MUST do and what you CAN do, you will succeed.
  • Eidian
    I'm definitely gonna stick with it this time, thank you.
  • vrojapu
    Welcome back!!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Glad to see you back. We are all cheering for you.
  • Eidian
    Thanks everybody.

Successful first day today. Had a banana at 3pm, but beyond that just water. Then I had a weird left-over meal of: one small bowl pea soup, one small bowl cheese+broccoli soup, and then a big bowl of chinese leftovers. Definitely one of the stranger dinner menus I've had.
  • vrojapu
    Variety is the spice of life, @Eidian, and you proved that today with your dinner menu!! :)
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    I totally agree with Sam about making the guidelines and then sticking with them. At least for me, this is where I get in trouble, when I start bending the rules I have set for myself. Sounds like a real good plan.
  • Eidian
    Weighed myself this morning, looks like I'm down 4 pounds of water weight already. Nice to see.

I've got my birthday on the 7th coming up here. Still not sure what I want to do for a cake.