how do you figure out what to eat?

2»

Replies

• Spawnkill69
    Spawnkill69 Posts: 17 Member
    I usually find something high in one thing (carbs, protein, potassium, fiber) then I use those foods as fillers for the rest of my daily intake
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    I make a lot of different kinds of food for my family and I eat what they eat. Recently, we've had chicken pot pie (homemade), chicken and dumpling soup, etc. We love grilled chicken and we'll eat roasted veggies a few nights a week because they're so good. I add in extra veggies and stuff to stretch it but I did that before anyway and for my own calorie counting, I reduce portion sizes or substitute when needed (Greek yogurt for sour cream, etc). I recently had spaghetti and added some plain Greek yogurt to the sauce for extra protein and it was SO GOOD. I have tons of recipes saved and that makes life easier too :)
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    edited February 2016
    moosect wrote: »
    sorry i guess i was not specific enough. i trying to be low carb. and just eat just plain healthy.

Try low carb. If you like it, continue. If you don't try something else.

It is way more important to stay within your calorie goal than what kind of diet you follow to achieve that goal.

"healthy" is a very vague term. As long as you eat your calories, have enough protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber anything is healthy.