Love Your Health: Feb Challenge-Week 2 (2/8-2/14)

12346»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Congrats to all of you who have had such nice losses!

@Baconslave- Most drug companies have programs set up to help defer the cost of high cost medicines- especially for those who would have to pay out of pocket. Talk to the doctor and see if there is some way they could help you.
    Hang in there, my friend.

Restasis does have a program. Thanks for reminding me to sign up today. :+1:
    glossbones wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    eye-dryness

This sounds absolutely awful. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Insomnia doesn't exactly make something like this any easier to deal with.

I'm sure you've already tried it, but I just read today (on an author blog I follow, totally unrelated) that hot compresses can help. I also like the idea of the chamomile, seems like they could be combined.

Hope you get some relief soon (hugs)

I've got some chamomile in the cabinet, though I'll have to pick up more. At this point, I'll put mud in my eyes if it will fix it.
    I'll do this tonight and let you all know how it goes.
    TOM is lurking. BAD TIMING for my poor family...I'm trying but I'm spontaneously NOT pleasant. :disappointed:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    1. Under 30 net carbs daily/50 net special occasions (Daughter turns 21 on Valentine's Day) ✔
    Didn't use extra carbs for Valentine's actually. I avoided all nibbling on the fondant while decorating my daughter's cake! lol
    2. Exercise of some sort 3-4 days each week with one of those being outdoors if possible. FAIL. The cold and snow have me in hibernation mode! I need to snap out of it!
    3. Pay more attention to budget and meal planning. Last month there were too many meals out. ✔
    4. Do something relaxing each day like reading or coloring. ✔
    5. Clean and organize the house better. Implement a daily chore list. FAIL

Lost 1.2 pounds at the start of the week. Now I'm in a TOM standstill.
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Goals for the coming week:
    *Keep running 2-3 times a week with 2 weight training days - so far I've been keeping this goal all month, and regardless of the scale, I feel this exercise is valuable for me
    *Work on planning out my meals, especially breakfast for the rest of this week (I've been doing a lot of "grab n go" sort of choices, which are not wise
    *Drink more water - 80-100 oz daily!
    *Start doing a weekly ab/core routine once a week - want to make this a consistent thing.