Hashimoto's and gluten

Options
13»

Replies

• walk2health4me
    walk2health4me Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    forgot to add any soy products screw up thyroid meds...
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @walk2health4me
    Thank you for sharing that, I appreciate it and wish you well...I think it is really a subjective experience, research aside, when designing a plan that fits, and having the information to make sound choices helps the process immensely...
  • emilysnc
    emilysnc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whole30 Day 4: morning stiffness and general aches throughout the day are fading. Feeling more alert. Maybe it's placebo effect, but I'm enjoying it thus far and not really missing anything.

I've been diagnosed with 2 other autoimmune diseases in the past, but they've been pretty much under control for the last 15 years.

• worddigger
    Options
    @emilysnc
    That's awesome, happy to hear...;):)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    @chunky_pinup

Lol'ed at chicks who go to bathroom together!
  • worddigger
    Options
    My own experience has been: adding back gluten this time around has not caused me any major discomfort that I could say would be a reason for me to avoid it entirely, though I keep sugar and refined carbs at a minimum... I am trying to have a balanced diet while focusing on anti-inflammatory foods, and have actually found a better sense of well being with the Hashimotos since adding in more carbs, as I was eating very few. My calorie limit is 1350, as I aim to lose 40 pounds We are all so unique in our make-ups, we find things that make us feel our best and tend to stick with them... Most of the time.