Funny excuses for not losing weight or dieting

Options
1235»

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Living now in the land of beer, beef, and cheese, I hear a lot that "Midwesterners are just made to be bigger"....really?
  • Darjaurhziva
    Darjaurhziva Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have had DNA tested and test says I have genes that prove 95% more chance for me to get fat than average person. So I have some time that result for my excuse not to watch my calories, genetic says I am one fat person. Now, I want to prove myself that I can lose weight and wear size small, not large or medium, and that even though I have bad genes I can be thin.
  • rockstargreatness
    rockstargreatness Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    I can't lose weight because of my:: knees, back, feet, family, medicines, neighborhood. Twinkies are cheaper than apples. Healthy food tastes like cardboard. Being on a diet feels like punishment. I'm healthy fat, so I don't need to lose weight. My labs are fine! My all time favorite: I'm a picky eater. That usually means the person doesn't like vegetables.
    Hmm, I'm a picky eater. Very very very picky.

And what does bad anything have to do with losing weight? Don't really have to exercise. Probably should but not a requirement to lose weight.

And I get the taste thing. Ice cream tastes like cardboard to me. Majority likes ice cream so as stupid as people saying healthy food tastes like cardboard is to some people, it is equally stupid to the people who I say I hate ice cream too.

Should someone eat healthy food yes. But no one eats anything they hate.

They just have to search for healthy food they like.
    "The kids don't like anything but junk food. Maybe when they're grown up..."

Umm... if you don't give your kids McDonalds, they won't eat McDonalds, will they? And just because they eat junk doesn't mean you have to, does it? Maybe I just don't get it because I don't have kids?
    They go out. Kids aren't isolated in their rooms all day only coming out to eat.

They will end up going to McDonald's even if behind their parents back.

My mom always told us if we don't eat her food we can make our own and don't ask again.

And teachers often give kids candy and other junk food as rewards for right answers here or doing something out of their comfort zone.

Especially elementary.

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Just the other day someone was on this forum complaining that losing weight caused their wrinkles to be more visible.

My mom says this.

She also told me the other day that she was skipping her exercise class because she cut her finger.

She's good with the excuses.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    "Men will need something to hold/grab from, like love handles"... My mother, my aunt and my grandmother share this opinion...
  • one235
    one235 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I read and read all the magazines for weight loss, but I don't lose weight. ??
  • rachfking
    rachfking Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I had success with Weight Watchers. My overweight friend said she wanted to lose weight but her husband wouldn't let her spend money on WW when he thought she should just eat less. This is a man who drinks a bottle of wine every night. He could have given up one of those bottles to pay for her weekly weigh in. Clearly she didn't have the motivation to "just eat less" and would have benefitted from the support. Her other excuse is that her husband cooks and so she has no control over what she has for dinner. I want to point out other that she is just making excuses but I also don't want to sound like I am telling her she's fat has she has quite low self-esteem and I don't want to add to it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Veryana wrote: »
    "Men will need something to hold/grab from, like love handles"... My mother, my aunt and my grandmother share this opinion...

Am I the only one that thinks, "then you need to get more skilled men"?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Lydilod wrote: »
    My mum said to me this afternoon "I can't loose weight cos I can't exercise" then goes on to blame my dad for adding tonnes of fat when cooking. She's recently been diagnosed with diabetes (dad has diabetes too) she also had a pacemaker, it worries me how big she's getting but I don't feel I can do or say anything.

Maybe you could ask them to get a referral to a dietitian and then meet with the dietitian with them?
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Sorry, my dog ate my headphones
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    According to the staff at my gym, a lot of people will turn around and go home if the wi-fi is down.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

Umm... if you don't give your kids McDonalds, they won't eat McDonalds, will they? And just because they eat junk doesn't mean you have to, does it? Maybe I just don't get it because I don't have kids?
    They go out. Kids aren't isolated in their rooms all day only coming out to eat.

They will end up going to McDonald's even if behind their parents back.

My mom always told us if we don't eat her food we can make our own and don't ask again.

And teachers often give kids candy and other junk food as rewards for right answers here or doing something out of their comfort zone.

Especially elementary.

[/quote]

I should point out that the friend who gave me this excuse for not losing weight had a toddler and a 4 year old. I really don't think that a 4 year old is gonna head down to McDonalds. Now, teen-agers? Sure! Teens eat junk food with their friends. I know I did. I also know my Mom also had a healthy balanced meal on the table when I got home. Why does having a teen-ager who goes out to get a Frappucino with her friends preclude a parent from eating healthier?

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options

samwiserabbit said:
    "They have this amazing power to eat nothing until the food they want becomes available. Tracking intake and sticking to wholesome grownup foods is harder with kids in the house."

On the other hand, it is a surmountable problem, if a person really wants to get healthier.

Different perspective: I shop, I cook, they eat or go hungry. Period. Whining and backtalk gets an automatic backhand. I do however keep fruit and lowfat yogurt for snacks. That being said, I do try to find & make heathy meals my hubby and kids love (White chicken taco chilli is a family favorite). I figure that if I don't like the result of bad eating habits (my 203 lb self) I don't want it for my kids and will go to some lengths to prevent them being in the same "shape" as me!!

What?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Veryana wrote: »

are they bald cause hair pulling is a good thing;)
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    According to the staff at my gym, a lot of people will turn around and go home if the wi-fi is down.

The gym I used to go to didn't have wifi hahahaha
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I just like food too much.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of the excuse "I'm beautiful the way I am". I hear it all the time, and see it in print all the time.

Anyway, we all have been in the river DeNial at times ourselves - and we hear it from those around us as well. C'est la vie...
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »

samwiserabbit said:
    "They have this amazing power to eat nothing until the food they want becomes available. Tracking intake and sticking to wholesome grownup foods is harder with kids in the house."

On the other hand, it is a surmountable problem, if a person really wants to get healthier.

Different perspective: I shop, I cook, they eat or go hungry. Period. Whining and backtalk gets an automatic backhand. I do however keep fruit and lowfat yogurt for snacks. That being said, I do try to find & make heathy meals my hubby and kids love (White chicken taco chilli is a family favorite). I figure that if I don't like the result of bad eating habits (my 203 lb self) I don't want it for my kids and will go to some lengths to prevent them being in the same "shape" as me!!

What?

Pretty sure she meant she gives them a quick backhanded slap. You know, punishment for disrespecting her and being argumentative? My mother did the same to me, and I learned pretty quick to not treat her that way.

One of my friends is 24, about 5'2, over 300lbs, lives with her mother and grandmother, and claims she cannot lose weight because, even though she cooks dinner for the household, eating healthy is too expensive and time consuming. When I asked why she didn't simply cut the portions in half, she said her family yells at her for not eating as much as they do...what?!