22 Days

2»

Replies

• Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Certain carbs, like pizza, white pasta or rice give me a very brief energy spike and then a complete energy slump that lasts for hours, so much so that I once fell asleep after pasta when I had friends round my place and I fell asleep on the sofa for two hours. LOL

I have to ration carbs or time them well so that I don't need much energy afterwards.

Well what are friends for if not waiting around for your carb slump right? Lol

It's such a crap feeling though. Can't wait to sort it out.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Kristie354 wrote: »
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Certain carbs, like pizza, white pasta or rice give me a very brief energy spike and then a complete energy slump that lasts for hours, so much so that I once fell asleep after pasta when I had friends round my place and I fell asleep on the sofa for two hours. LOL

I have to ration carbs or time them well so that I don't need much energy afterwards.

Well what are friends for if not waiting around for your carb slump right? Lol

It's such a crap feeling though. Can't wait to sort it out.

When I came round they were both watching really crap television and playing with my cat. LOL I was so embarrassed!!!
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    So one can deduce eating a highly-processed, cholesterol laden meal of dairy cheese, meats, oils and processed plant grains (i.e., pizza), the complications of such a meal should be blamed squarely on "carbs".

You ate a highly processed, non-nutritious meal that didn't make you feel good physically and emotionally afterwards. It happens; own it and move on. This is not a "carb" issue this is a caloric, nutrient density (or lack thereof) issue.
  • Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    B_TEEN wrote: »
    So one can deduce eating a highly-processed, cholesterol laden meal of dairy cheese, meats, oils and processed plant grains (i.e., pizza), the complications of such a meal should be blamed squarely on "carbs".

You ate a highly processed, non-nutritious meal that didn't make you feel good physically and emotionally afterwards. It happens; own it and move on. This is not a "carb" issue this is a caloric, nutrient density (or lack thereof) issue.

I guess if ones smart enough and their powers of deduction are as on point and sounding as snarky as yours, then yes one could deduce that.

I didn't eat over my calories for the day and as I'm told all the time on this site "there's no such thing as bad calories". Either too many or not enough. I also wrote that I did a test yesterday and it was the copious amounts of coffee I had drank as I'm fairly sure now that I'm having a reaction to milk.

How is pizza not nutrient dense? This are high end high quality pizza, with lots of fresh vegetables and meats on them. Calorie high, yes but I can't see how they aren't packed with nutrients as well.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    If this is the first time you've had a reaction like this to pizza or coffee, don't discount the possibility that you're actually getting sick and the timing is coincidental.

Sometimes a bug comes on slowly- I felt really run down for two days this week and wasn't sure what was up... until I woke up yesterday with a fever, tonsils the size of golf balls, and a general sense of wanting to lay down on the floor and die.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Kristie354 wrote: »

How is pizza not nutrient dense?

Pizza can be prepared more healthfully compared to many processed / pre-made options; however that doesn't appear to be the crux of the original post.

There is generally an inverse relationship between nutrient density and calorie-rich foods. Most nutrient dense foods (i.e., fruits, vegetables, whole gains and legumes) are calorie-poor. Most calorie dense foods are generally lower/lowest in nutrient density (compared to nutrient-dense, low-cal alternative). While there are exceptions to the rule, a calorie may be a calorie but the physical impact of the "quality" of those calories are not equivalent (this being well documented in nutrition science journals/research) to the body. I reference body in lieu of the term weight purposefully.

Context matters and "carbs" can't be the catch-all for the impacts of ones dietary choices when there are more variables involved.

Good luck on your journey!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    My partner and I both feel awful after pizza. We think the combination of dairy and grease is what does us in. Fatigue, tummy trouble, and just grumpy. We need to stop eating so much of it, that's for sure.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    I love pizza! So what I ended up doing was switching from brought PIZZA HUT and making my own homemade pizzas for under 400 calories for a self-size portion. TRY IT!