Dr oz

123457»

Replies

• tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2016
    I was skeptical because...well... it IS Dr. Oz. However, I did his total 10 plan which (in a nutshell) basically just limits your meat, does away with dairy (except a set amount of Greek yogurt) and allows for all the broth and non-starchy vegetables you want. This came to between 1200 and 1400 calories a day for me which seemed fine and I didn't have to buy anything...it was just a plan. It was a good guideline for me to follow and I lost a few pounds. If it required significant calorie restriction or $$ then I wouldn't have done it. Not exactly the same but I think it's pretty close...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    tmoser512 wrote: »
    I was skeptical because...well... it IS Dr. Oz. However, I did his total 10 plan which (in a nutshell) basically just limits your meat, does away with dairy (except a set amount of Greek yogurt) and allows for all the broth and non-starchy vegetables you want. This came to between 1200 and 1400 calories a day for me which seemed fine and I didn't have to buy anything...it was just a plan. It was a good guideline for me to follow and I lost a few pounds. If it required significant calorie restriction or $$ then I wouldn't have done it. Not exactly the same but I think it's pretty close...

As noted earlier, the pLan is arbitrary and contradictory.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Don't follow the yellow brick road on this one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member

What's wrong with meat? Why is Greek yogurt okay but cottage cheese is not? Etc.
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member

What's wrong with meat? Why is Greek yogurt okay but cottage cheese is not? Etc.

I don't know. What's wrong with just eating Greek yogurt and not cottage cheese? Bottom line it gave me a guideline that helped me reach my calorie goals and drop a few pounds. We're not talking unhealthy calorie restriction or extreme weightloss here. What's wrong with eating non-starchy vegetables, lean protein and limiting carbs and dairy to achieve a weightless goal?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

I don't know. What's wrong with just eating Greek yogurt and not cottage cheese? Bottom line it gave me a guideline that helped me reach my calorie goals and drop a few pounds. We're not talking unhealthy calorie restriction or extreme weightloss here. What's wrong with eating non-starchy vegetables, lean protein and limiting carbs and dairy to achieve a weightless goal?

Sounds fine to me...how's maintenance?