Shrimp Recipes???

2»

Replies

• HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Bump :smile:
  • Shrimps are easy, they taste Great with easy ingredients. Take fresh garlic, mash it, grind pepper and seasalt over them ADD à little olive oil and you're about done. Great taste without too much effort!
  • True shrimps can go wrong if you're overcook them. But that's THE only thing. They taste great with no. effort
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    You could go creole and make gumbo or etouffee. You can toss in whatever you like because the recipes are both pretty versatile, but I like shrimp and andouille the best. Making your own stock out of the shrimp shells really makes it taste amazing.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    • shrimp salad, made with light mayo (or greek yogurt), fresh dill, diced cucumber, salt & pepper
    • shrimp tacos, roasted with mexican style spices, in corn taco shells with red cabbage slaw, and salsa
    • shrimp skewers, marinated & grilled
    • shrimp po'boys (okay, so not the HEALTHIEST option), breaded & fried shrimp on a baguette with lettuce, tomato & tartar sauce
    • shrimp stir fry, with sugar snap peas, onions, red bell peppers and brown rice
    • sauted shrimp with black pepper and lemon juice (one of my super easy go-to favorites when I don't have a lot of time)
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Chilli Basil Prawn Stir Fry!

Add 1T of Peanut Oil (or oil of choice) to wok, heat to high. Add prawns, cook till half done. Add chilli and garlic (to taste) and a bucket load of veggies of choice. Heat through (to maintain temp) then add 1T oyster sauce. Cook until prawns are done (no longer transparent). Turn off heat, add torn basil leaves (to taste). Serve with rice/noodles/on its own!

For reference, I use 1 small red chilli, 1 clove of garlic & 1/2 cup torn basil.

This serves 1. Double everything but oil if cooking for 2!
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    bump
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I love this easy version of paella:
    http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2013/08/sausage-shrimp-paella-before-you-run.html
    It's not as complex or expensive as the traditional paella, but it's still impresses your friends and is super delicious. I have a lot of recipes that I use in a kind of rotation depending on the season and what's cheap at the store. This is one of 2 that I have when I get to break out the saffron! But before I was able to get saffron on super sale (and my goodness I'm glad I did since it's about $25 a jar), I used turmeric with great results.