Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    does she have any pain associated with that @skippygirlsmom
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ -- congrats! that sounds fun and nice PR!
    @skippygirlsmom - lol Skippy's response to the doctor! I hope she feels better today! :heart:

Congrats to everyone meeting their goals! And if you didn't no worries ... you still ran more than most people!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @shanaber thanks for asking, she is still throwing up (day 5). Took her to the doctor yesterday and he said she's not pregnant (she said OMG I don't have sex LOL) looks like a stomach virus. He said her anti nauseous meds, they don't seem to be helping much. She has so much running this weekend, meet tomorrow, 5K on Sunday, meets on Monday and Tuesday. She's chugging pedi lite. What's weird is she throws up and then comes down the hall singing, no fever, no feeling bad except right before she gets sick. It seems to be after she eats and first thing in the morning.

Ugh, sounds awful! She's so funny!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 no no pain at all. He did test for a UTI and that was negative, that is what prompted the pregnancy joke was doing the urine test. He concurred with me that she has boy cooties from hugging her "boyfriend". She said if I had sex being pregnant wouldn't be a problem, I'd be dead my mom would kill me :-)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Glad Skip isn't pregnant :smiley: Ha!! Love her reactions! My first thought was a appendicitis but with no pain I think that is ruled out. Hope she feels well enough to run this weekend!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @shanaber they did all the stomach pushing etc too, plus no fever. She wanted to go to school today so off she went with peppermints and a toothbrush in case she got sick. I said I know you want to go to see Jon, she just giggled and said yep. She's got an A in math, her worst subject right now and doesn't want to miss too much. She'll miss Monday and Tuesday because of the meets so she's really trying to stay on top of it. I said you might get sick after you run, she said no problem I'll look to see where the garbage cans are by the finish line.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @shanaber they did all the stomach pushing etc too, plus no fever. She wanted to go to school today so off she went with peppermints and a toothbrush in case she got sick. I said I know you want to go to see Jon, she just giggled and said yep. She's got an A in math, her worst subject right now and doesn't want to miss too much. She'll miss Monday and Tuesday because of the meets so she's really trying to stay on top of it. I said you might get sick after you run, she said no problem I'll look to see where the garbage cans are by the finish line.
    @skippygirlsmom - she is too cute and such a great kid! At my daughter's school if they weren't in school on Friday for whatever reason they couldn't participate in any school activities until they were back in class for a full day - so nothing over the weekend or Monday unless you went on Friday.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @shanaber it's the same here, you need to be in class. Earlier in the year I was going to pull her out to work at special olympics but she had a meet that afternoon. The XC teacher was willing to let it go since it was SO, but I didn't want to get her in trouble so I sent Skip to school.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 no no pain at all. He did test for a UTI and that was negative, that is what prompted the pregnancy joke was doing the urine test. He concurred with me that she has boy cooties from hugging her "boyfriend". She said if I had sex being pregnant wouldn't be a problem, I'd be dead my mom would kill me :-)

the barfy part after eating made me think more stomach/intestinal issues. (is she pooping? sometimes that can be it) i got barfy at the beginning of my ulcers.

i got out of a ticket that way, because i didn't want my mom to kill me when i got home.

oh and ginger can help with the barf. ginger ale, gum, hard candies, tea, beer
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    01-Mar: 0.00 miles but 6.14 miles (walk)
    02-Mar: 0.00 miles but 5.73 miles (walk)
    03-Mar: 2.10 miles plus 2.50 miles (walk)
    04-Mar: 0.00 miles but 5.96 miles (walk)
    05-Mar: 3.16 miles
    06-Mar: <Life Day> but 6.87 miles
    07-Mar: 3.87 miles
    08-Mar: 4.93 miles
    09-Mar: 4.30 miles
    10-Mar: 3.28 miles plus 2.35 miles (walk)
    11-Mar: 4.66 miles
    12-Mar: 3.35 miles
    13-Mar: <Life Day> but 2.47 miles (walk)
    14-Mar: 4.72 miles
    15-Mar: 6.05 miles
    16-Mar: 3.17 miles
    17-Mar: 3.25 miles
    18-Mar: 6.67 miles
    19-Mar: 3.10 miles - Cherry Blossom Road Race 5K
    20-Mar: <Life Day>
    21-Mar: 5.40 miles
    22-Mar: 7.13 miles
    23-Mar: 3.18 miles
    24-Mar: 7.25 miles
    25-Mar:
    26-Mar: 8.21 miles
    27-Mar: <Life Day> but 3.37 miles
    28-Mar: 6.47 miles
    29-Mar: 4.41 miles
    30-Mar: 3.19 miles
    31-Mar: 9.15 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    02-Apr: Run 2 End Alzheimer's 10.5K, Bonaire, GA PLUS Miles for Miracles 5K, Macon, Georgia
    ^^ Yes, I'm running both in the same day. </crazy>
    16-Apr: Running for Ronald 10K or 15K, Macon, GA
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta, GA
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Nice Running @kristinegift Do I see a HM and a 6k on your list before the Marathon? You are rocking it!

@MNLittleFinn Yep! HM this weekend (been my goal race for a while so I'm not freaking about the marathon the whole training cycle), and the 6k is just for fun ;)It's at a brewery and we get growlers for having 10 people on a team, so that alone seemed worth the fee. I won't be racing, just having a good time!

I think I am totally jealous now.

me too

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @shanaber thanks for asking, she is still throwing up (day 5). Took her to the doctor yesterday and he said she's not pregnant (she said OMG I don't have sex LOL) looks like a stomach virus. He said her anti nauseous meds, they don't seem to be helping much. She has so much running this weekend, meet tomorrow, 5K on Sunday, meets on Monday and Tuesday. She's chugging pedi lite. What's weird is she throws up and then comes down the hall singing, no fever, no feeling bad except right before she gets sick. It seems to be after she eats and first thing in the morning.

Well, after my experience last month, all I can say ask is did they do a blood glucose check? And I would be testing her at home an hour after meals, too--her exercise might mask the very high sugars that would cause DKA.

I really hope she's feeling better soon.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Great job @_nikkiwolf_

@skippygirlsmom Sorry about Skip and hope she feels better. Such a funny girl. LOL
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    In case someone wanders in and wonders where we all disappeared to, the April thread is below.

Stoshew71 wrote: »

• skippygirlsmom
    Options

Well, after my experience last month, all I can say ask is did they do a blood glucose check? And I would be testing her at home an hour after meals, too--her exercise might mask the very high sugars that would cause DKA.

I really hope she's feeling better soon.

@5beautifuldays thanks if she is not better I'll talk to the doc.
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. If you didn't reach your goal, April is your month!

@Elise4270 I'm over the injury depression! Buying some new running gear to keep me going while I wait.
    @ddmom0811 Thanks! Glad to be back.
    @shanaber The car didn't have a scratch on it.
    @rohanivan Thanks!
    @orphia Most of the pain is gone. I have some lingering muscle tension issues in the neck and back but I'm working on those.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @orphia Most of the pain is gone. I have some lingering muscle tension issues in the neck and back but I'm working on those.

Good to hear, @Ch1psNQueso

May you continue to improve. Any ETA given for your return to running?
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sounds fun!

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. If you didn't reach your goal, April is your month!

@Elise4270 I'm over the injury depression! Buying some new running gear to keep me going while I wait.

You keep getting better, and visit us in the April thread!
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 5 - 3.1 miles (Steps for Freedom 5k)
    March 6 - 7.6 miles
    March 9 - 2 miles
    March 13 - 13.11 miles (Blarney Stone Half)
    March 19 - 3.11 miles (Lucky Feet 5k)
    March 20 - 5.28 miles
    March 22 - 2.65 miles
    March 26 - 3.11 miles (Iron Dog 5k)
    March 27 - 4.8 miles
    March 30 - 1.5 miles
    March 31 - 1.7 miles

exercise.png

exercise.png

Yikes! I didn't post much this month, but I actually did meet my goal. I even completed my first half. :smile:

25672283384_863f62d759_n.jpg