Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Foot Tattoo

meredithdekockmeredithdekock Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
Hi all! I am in need of some help. I am a runner and I'm also looking to get a foot tattoo soon. It would be black script on the outside of my foot. I'm curious how much fading or wear/tear occurs from running. I know it causes it to fade quicker but i'm wondering a general time frame. I completely understand that I'll need to take some time off from running while it heals and I'm ok with that. Thanks in advance for the info. Looking to do this in a week! :-)

Replies

• meredithdekockmeredithdekock Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Thanks! That's super helpful. The info I have found has been all across the board. I was most concerned with the speed it could need touching up. Ive heard it fades quicker because of the foot location- but does this mean 1 year, 5, 10, 100 :wink:
  • meredithdekockmeredithdekock Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Thanks! I bet your daughter has stories to share!
  • trishabledsoe15trishabledsoe15 Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    Meredith did you get your foot tattoo? If so, how did it heal with exercise? How long did you take off and how did you bandage it after? Any info would help, I'm getting one next month but do NOT want to lose my fitness momentum.
  • deaddollydeaddolly Posts: 109Member, Premium Member Posts: 109Member, Premium Member
    I highly recommend these: http://stickysandals.com/
    They're not expensive and you'll really appreciate them. Walking barefoot makes you more susceptible to bacteria. Don't bandage any tattoo after the first few days, and then only with the new dermal tape. You're artist should have some. The worst part of a foot tat is standing up afterwards. Blood rushes down...making your foot feel like it's going to explode. Elevate it for a day or two. Good luck!!!