Grieving Giving Up Overeating

Options
124»

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    It feels like "loss of food innocence" or something.

That's a great way to put it. Now that I'm learning how many calories are in certain things I love to eat, I know I can't just eat them without caring any more. If I want them, I have to either plan them into my day or deal with the consequences. That loss of spontaneity is sad, but I'll have to learn to deal with it - it's not like I can never have them again, I just need to be more aware of how much I'm eating.

@mdrichardsons Thank you for those comments - I need to look forward to the freedom and revel in that rather than in food, when I get there! :smile: I haven't lost enough yet to really feel much different (although I do feel less out of breath going upstairs than I used to), but I'll have to remember these words whenever I feel the urge to overindulge!
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options

@mdrichardsons Thank you for those comments - I need to look forward to the freedom and revel in that rather than in food, when I get there! :smile: I haven't lost enough yet to really feel much different (although I do feel less out of breath going upstairs than I used to), but I'll have to remember these words whenever I feel the urge to overindulge! [/quote]

I am still not at my goal but I am shocked now that I am here so close to it. It seems like a fantasy some times but if you keep logging and being honest about it you will get there it will work and it will seem weird to think back.
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have been battling the same idea. I used to be a weed smoker, heavy drinker, cigarette smoker, caffeine addict and overeater. I've quit everything but overeating and sometimes I feel like "well now I can't have any fun if I stop eating all the time!" It's a weird relationship but I'm trying to change that. One day at a time! I guess it feels like I'm letting go of my last vice.