Lagging chest

jessef593
jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
So I've been lifting seriously for just over a year now. I started at around 153lbs.(never recorded original weight) I am now up to 175lbs 11% body fat Since the beginning though I've noticed that my chest has always been lacking compared to my other muscle groups.

My current chest day consists of
Bench press 4x12,10,8,6
Incline Dbell press 4x12,12,8,6
Incline Dbell fly 3x16,12-14,10
Supinated downward cable flys 3x14,12,10

I feel like it's a good amount of volume without going over board, plus it stimulates my chest fairly evenly across. I'm just not seeing much growth. Just wondering if anyone has any pointers or experience with overcoming this.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Not uncommon for people to have other body part grow faster/better than others. Just have to keep plugging away. Took me 3 years to build up a very decent chest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jessef593
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Not uncommon for people to have other body part grow faster/better than others. Just have to keep plugging away. Took me 3 years to build up a very decent chest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Okay thanks man, I'll assume my workout doesn't sound ridiculous for the most part. I'll just keep at it then.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    You're only doing a chest "day"? Train chest more frequently if you want it to grow. 2-3 times a week with lower intensity and/or volume will give you much better results. Having a single day devoted to one body part is great if you like terrible progress (unless you're on drugs).
  • jessef593
    That's my major chest day. I also throw in a few sets of bench and flys on back day. Since I do back/triceps. Same with doing 4 sets of pull-ups on chest day. Since I do chest/biceps.