beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    You have great legs!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    What an awesome transformation!!
  • Typicalrouse
    Typicalrouse Posts: 35 Member
    ashgal81 wrote: »
    For those of you interested in my diet (from Day 1), I have it all right here. Feel free to take a look at it. I am not a healthcare professional nor am I a dietician. This is research I compiled before I began my weight loss journey. This is what worked FOR ME. Losing 100 pounds is NOT easy. This is not easy in any way, shape, or form. Not everyone will love this and it quite possibly may not work for everyone. I have given this to several people. 2 of them have lost 40 or more pounds. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck and DON'T FORGET TO LOG!!!

This is a diet/lifestyle change that I researched and combined with another one that I knew worked for others and going in knowing I was addicted to sugar. I won't get on a soapbox but sugar is poison. It's bad. I didn't know how bad until I did research. It is what makes us fat, unhealthy, and will kill us. Fact! So having said that. The grueling 6 week sugar detox is super hard! Day 3 U will be sick, miserable, think you are getting the flu and want to go on a mass killing spree. It will pass! Promise!!!!!!!!!

6 weeks--stay between 1200-1400 calories and NO SUGAR, NO PROCESSED FOODS, NO COW'S MILK (only unsweetened vanilla almond if you like protein shakes). None! Not even fruit. You are detoxing from your addiction. Even though it's natural sugar, it's still sugar.

*If you have less than 40lbs to lose you can have berries paired with a protein before 1 pm. Berries are low on the glycemic index, therefore, they don't give you an insulin spike and that is what makes us think we need more sweets.

Examples:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs any style, 2 slices of bacon (turkey or regular)

OR
    Handful of raw cashews (Ashton Kroger's carries these) and a Kroger Carbmaster yogurt OR
    Handful of pistachios and 3 oz of sharp cheddar cheese or whatever cheese you like

*If you have less than 40lbs to lose you can add a handful of berries or a piece of whole grain toast with whipped butter or almond butter. The whole grain bread needs to be Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Bread. It's usually in the organic freezer section at Kroger. If you have access to Whole Foods or Trader Joes, you have a LOT more choices.

*You can switch up these pairings if you would like. Also, go to Pinterest and search "Easy Low Carb Meals" and if you have less than 40lbs to lose you can search "Easy Clean Eating Meals".

Snacks: (these can be added to a meal as well) I didn't snack but if you have to, it should be only raw nuts or pistachios, a babybel cheese wedge, a string cheese, cheese cubes, (some form of cheese) some cut up veggies (cucumber, peppers, celery, tomatoes) with hummus, cottage cheese. I just discovered a frozen treat called Arctic Zero. It can be found in the ice cream freezer. It's amazing! I wish I would have had this when I was doing the detox.

Examples:
    Lunch: Salad with any meat and fixings except no croutons. Dressing on the side. Stick with regular vinegar and oil based, preferably just vinegar and oil. Salad dressings are truly nasty and chemical laden. DO NOT buy fat-free. They take out the fat and add sugar. The bottle needs to say it 5 grams of sugar or less per serving.

OR
    Lettuce, turkey, swiss wraps with mustard or light mayo. (For people that have less than 40lbs to lose, you can make this on the Ezekiel Bread IF YOU DIDNT EAT IT AT BREAKFAST). Any variation of meats and cheese is fine. Make sure it's good meat from the deli. Not packaged and sodium filled. Watch the sodium on lunch meats.

OR
    Chicken or fish cooked any style except fried. Also, make sure you start using REAL BUTTER!!!! Yes, real butter. Margarine is nasty. It's 1 molecule away from plastic. Never eat it again, ever! Any veggies, steamed, boiled, etc. Watch for variations filled with carrots, peas, and corn. You can have these but very sparingly as they have a lot of natural sugar.

*If you have less than 40lbs to lose you can add berries IF YOU DIDN'T EAT IT AT BREAKFAST).

*You can switch up these pairings if you would like. Also, go to Pinterest and search "Easy Low Carb Meals" and if you have less than 40lbs to lose you can search "Easy Clean Eating Meals".

Examples:
    Dinner: Same. You can switch up and do a roast with a lot of veggies (go easy on potatoes and carrots) but enjoy a spoonful. No one got fat eating a carrot.

OR

Tuna with light mayo on a bed of lettuce or in lettuce wraps

OR

Spaghetti squash w meaty tomato sauce if it's low sugar and organic. Jarred sauce is high in sugar be careful and watch those labels. Feel free to make your own and if it calls for sugar, use Stevia. If you are unsure, look it up.

*No berries or bread with dinner at all. Never eat them after 1pm.

Drinks: no regular soda! None! If you are a soda drinker or addicted to caffeine, this will be extra difficult. Diet soda IS allowed. Don't drink 7 a day. Sip on Diet Sunkist when you get a sugar craving. It was a life savor for me. Unsweetened tea is fine, coffee with stevia and real cream, half and half, or sugar free creamer. This is not a good idea but if you have to have it make sure it's carb free or no more than 2 carbs or 5 grams of sugar per serving. WATER, hate it, but we need it. Drink it as much as you can when you can. Drink it cold and don't add a bunch of powdery stuff to it. Skinny Girl makes a flavoring made with Stevia. There are several brands made with Stevia. You can add lemon or lime wedges if you would like. Try to get use to plain water. You will need to have plain water with workouts.

Vitamins: Take a good multi-vitamin every single day.

Exercise during these 6 weeks? Workout of your choice 3x a week (bare minimum of 30 minutes). Sweat, push yourself. Make sure this is cardio. After that, do 5-10 minutes of planking. Hold them as long as possible and take breaks. This is going to transform your core. Trust me! Do them as long as you can over and over for at least 5 minutes. You can do this while watching TV.

This pretty much covers your 6 weeks. Again, you are coming off of what your body thinks is a "drug" and shocking your system with high voltage. You will need motrin and sleep. You are gonna be moody and hard to deal with; you need to warn others. Week 1 is pure and utter hell if you have more than 40lbs to lose. It's just a week.

*If you have less than 40lbs to lose this will be easier as you get to have berries and whole grain bread early in the day.

Your treat: 1-4 glass of red wine per week!!! Red wine is good for your heart and loaded with antioxidants. It helped me tremendously with my cholesterol. Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Merlot, Shiraz, Syrah ONLY! Make sure you are watching your calorie in-take before u pour a glass. If you are at 1400 calories, don't have the wine. It will be rare that you hit 1400 calories.

*If you have less than 40lbs to lose, you can have 1-2 cheat meals a week. Eat whatever you want.

Try to only weigh yourself 1-2 times a week. If you do this everyday, you risk becoming discouraged.

At the beginning of week 7, there is no reason you shouldn't have lost at least least 15-30 pounds, depending on your size. Obviously the more you weigh, chances are you will lose more.

For those of you that have more than 40lbs to lose, this will be where you are getting more options. At the beginning of week 7, you may add berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) to your breakfast, snack, or lunch (must be before 1pm). YOU MUST PAIR THIS WITH A PROTEIN. Also eat it with only 1 meal. Don't add berries to every meal and snack every day.

At week 8, you need to start exercising 4-5x a week and follow a clean eating diet/low carb diet.

This is a link on clean eating that I've found helpful:
    http://www.skinnymom.com/2014/03/02/clean-eating-101-change-your-body-the-healthy-way/

(I don't eat 6 meals a day...only thing I disagree with). I eat out a lot as well but I do the best I can to eat clean. We don't have the options big cities have with organic markets, etc. It's a struggle but I'm not cooking clean for 1 person. Around here, we can truly only clean eat at 70% capacity. Do what you can.

This was the hardest thing I've ever done. When I was working out 2 hours a day, I usually would eat 2 small meals and a snack. I had trained myself to do so. I reward myself now with a 6 inch sub or some pita bread sometimes. I rarely eat sweets. I now will occasionally have dessert, but I am at my goal. If you are not at your goal weight, stay away, just say no! Get some fruit. Temptations and flubs will occur. Don't give up. Get back on track immediately. You will have times where you are forced to eat crap...take a few bites and fake sick. Honestly, when you eat bad, you will feel horrible.

Keep in mind it took me 7 almost 8 months to lose 80 pounds. It took me a 15 months to lose 120 pounds. Patience is key. I did try some diet pills, at one point, that were a prescription around the holidays. I quit after a month. I don't like them. If you need them, take them. Do what you must do. Don't mess with chemicals except the diet soda you consume. It's bad enough but I wasn't giving it up, I will die with a diet soda in my hand. Period!

If you decide to do this diet, good luck, you are gonna need it!!!!

Remember-Rome wasn't built in a day!

Thank you for all of this information!!!! I can tell you not only care about your own journey but helping those around you that are going through this as well. It's SO appreciated!!!! :):)
  • heyjude2014j
    heyjude2014j Posts: 48 Member
    Truly amazing job! :) You must be very proud of all you've accomplished. Thanks for posting your eating plan. Totally inspiring!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,402 Member
    you are awe inspiring
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!