shape wear and wraps?

2»

Replies

• vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    No. It will only make your wallet leaner.

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Smokink wrote: »
    Thank you all for the reply. Looks to me like its a waste of time then lol :neutral:

Smart chickie you are! You're gorgeous, spend a wee bit of time on core, and all over body resistance exercises, and you'll get the results you're looking for in no time! And remember, abs ARE made in the kitchen!
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    I have tried wraps in the past and the results were very temporary (had a friend who sold them - It Works ... but it doesn't, lol). Not worth it. I do have a comfortable piece of shapewear that I wear under dresses to create a smoother look. It's stretchy and actually comfortable but it doesn't make me look thinner, works more like a slip that is fitted and hides panty lines, etc.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Think of a can of Pillsbury biscuits. When you open it.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    The "It Works" garbage is just that.......garbage. Don't waste your time with it. You would be accomplishing the same thing if you wrapped yourself in Saran Wrap. But don't do that either.
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Shapewear is a great way to smooth out lumps so you look better in an outfit. As soon it comes off, everything goes back to where it naturally is. I speak from personal experience as a long time Spanx wearer - if it actually helped my shape permanently, I wouldn't have that pesky left hip fat lump and I probably wouldn't be on MFP.

I use cheap hanes shapewear ($20 at target, looks like a swimsuit) and it's nice to have on under a dress; also, nothing accidently sticks and rides up. :) it makes me have better posture, and it's not as tight as spanx. But no permanent change!