Just bought a Fitbit - comment and I'll add you cause I'm gonna need all the help I can get

Options
2»

Replies

• CanaDana11
    CanaDana11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    tdkrawczyk wrote: »
    I'm actually buying one today! What kind of Fitbit did everyone buy? I'm looking at the Charge HR or the Blaze (but leaning toward the Charge because of price). I'd love to join your group :)

I have the Fitbit charge. I didn't get the HR cause I'm just starting out, for the extra money didn't think I needed the heart rate monitor
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit. Add me!
  • CanaDana11
    CanaDana11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    kkibbles wrote: »
    Love my Fitbit. Add me!

Don't forget to PM me your email!!
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a dumb question on this topic. When the Fitbit adds calories that I could eat back due to exercise, am I negating the attempt at a calorie deficit? I set up my MFP account on sedentary, true at the time for me. Even sedentary assumes some calorie burn during the day. I'm very new to the Fitbit, also just got it last Friday. Cool so far, but don't want to over-eat the deficit. Expert advice?
  • zimmie2003
    zimmie2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit!
  • momnom27
    momnom27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want one so bad. Do you need a smart phone for it to work or is an iPad good enough?
  • airynsays
    airynsays Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gophermatt wrote: »
    I have a dumb question on this topic. When the Fitbit adds calories that I could eat back due to exercise, am I negating the attempt at a calorie deficit? I set up my MFP account on sedentary, true at the time for me. Even sedentary assumes some calorie burn during the day. I'm very new to the Fitbit, also just got it last Friday. Cool so far, but don't want to over-eat the deficit. Expert advice?

Yes, I have this question too! I'm not sure if I can eat back my exercise calories that I burned from my Fitbit.
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    airynsays wrote: »

Yes, I have this question too! I'm not sure if I can eat back my exercise calories that I burned from my Fitbit.
    airynsays wrote: »

Yes you can. It should leave your MFP deficit and only adds calories above and beyond. Like if Fitbit says you have burned 2000 calories and your MFP eating goal is 1200 set with a 1 lb loss it should add back around 300 that you can eat some or all of. Some like to leave a few out there for inaccuracies. That's how I understand it anyway. And OP you can add me too if you'd like. I have an Alta!
  • rodriguezdaniel598
    rodriguezdaniel598 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't follow the caloric intake and deficit of fitbit. And yes based on the calories you have burned through exercise you can add those to your caloric intake. The fitbit marks how many calories are needed based on your goal needs. Take for example this. I have a 1500 caloric intake limit. My body burns about 2500 calories with a sedentary life. That means I burn 1000 calories if I stick to my 1500 daily caloric intake everyday. One pound of fat equates to 2500 calories so if I follow this trend for five days I should have lost 2 pounds meaning 5000 calories. Now if I exercise and I burn 300 calories that can be added to my total caloric intake raising it to 1800 calories on that day only. I should still lose the 2 pounds since those 300 calories have been accounted for through exercise. Everything comes down to the goals you have taken for weight loss.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    If you want a fitbit but don't want the cost look at a Misfit Shine. I got mine for less then $50 and have been so happy with it. I did not want to have to charge mine and this runs on a 2032 battery (common to find). I've had it for months and the battery is still showing full charge. It's another option for those that can't afford a fitbit or don't want to deal with charging it.