Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    I'll cook breakfast...flowers delivered....
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Well that's something you're a good mann
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Just a normal day here - we’re still recovering from birthday cake! Tomorrow DS6 has a Vday party with friends. He made pencil valentines that say “You’re the WRITE friend for me” that he’ll give out...they’ll play and have a picnic lunch at the playground. Nice low-key afternoon.
  • Bill9160
    Happy V-Day to all you lovely people
  • AliNouveau
    Happy hearts day to you too
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Happy vday everyone!

I wanted to get some opinions here to make sure I’m not overreacting... today we had a handy man show up to look at a leaky window. He showed up with what appeared to be someone training. They both looked at the window and the older guy asked if I’d be around in 30 mins so they could go get some supplies, I said no problem I’ll be here....

Then maybe 20mins later I was in the bathroom when I heard a knock... I just hurried up in the bathroom and walked out to the younger “apprentice” standing in my living room holding a caulk gun and petting my dog! I didn’t say anything as I was completely shocked to see him there.... the older guy must have stayed back while he came to fix the window....

I wanna tell my landlord but I’m not sure if I’m overreacting or not... but I feel kinda uncomfortable having him come back into my apartment (to fix a door)....
  • AliNouveau
    Why do you feel uncomfortable?
  • thepainmaker88
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Why do you feel uncomfortable?

Because he just knocked and then walked on in like it’s nobody’s business... my wife could of been getting out of the shower or something who knows... but I just feel uncomfortable cause he was giving me really weird vibes...
  • AliNouveau
    Then you should talk to the landlord or whoever you got these workers from
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Good morning. :):)
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Back in the office today, we'll see how it goes!

Bleh
  • AliNouveau
    It's Friday!!!! It's a dya off school here for parent teacher interviews. It was report card day. Of course the teacher requested to see us. My boy is sweet and kind and witty but just doesn't try at school
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    It's Friday!!!! It's a dya off school here for parent teacher interviews. It was report card day. Of course the teacher requested to see us. My boy is sweet and kind and witty but just doesn't try at school

I had to have an intervention with my oldest boy for the same reasons yesterday. Low grades because of a crapton of assignments not turned in, ugh
  • AliNouveau
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

I had to have an intervention with my oldest boy for the same reasons yesterday. Low grades because of a crapton of assignments not turned in, ugh

I suspect we'll hear he has stuff he just hasn't done. It sucks cause my boy is really bright, I'm sure yours is too. If he applied himself he could get straight A's but his head is just always thinking of music or cartoons he can make. His sketch book Form grade 3 was awesome.
  • Bill9160
    Hello all....

So glad the days of parent/teacher meetings are over. My son was the same way....very smart...but couldn't get him to apply that in school. Thank God he wised up once he got to the real world....lol
  • Bill9160
    It can be...but it was only a couple of years in high school. A lot depends on who they hang with...my son was hanging with the other guys on the football team....
  • AliNouveau
    Well as usual the boy is very sweet and kind and hilarious and smart but can't focus in school. So back to the adhd clinic to adjust meds I guess. Apparently he's a beautiful writer.

Guess who he sounds a lot like????? Moi!!! Poor kid.
  • Bill9160
    That's not a bad thing...he can be the first Canadian Chef who is also a curling champion
  • AliNouveau
    Hahah he does like curling and seems to have a bit of aptitude for it
  • thepainmaker88
    Speaking of kids does it look like we got enough for one on the way?
    beyqzd099xg8.jpeg