Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    You'll never have enough. There's always something you realize you need. Then there's stuff you realize you didn't need at all.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Get at least 1 - 2 packs of cloth diapers. You don't need to use them as diapers--they're amazing for cleaning things up and make awesome burp-cloths
  • AliNouveau
    Why?!?!! So I went out with some girls I went to highschool with awhile ago. I realized I've nothing in common with them. They wanted to do something this weekend. I made an excuse to bail. Now it's cancelled cause the hostess is sick. I can't use the same excuse next time. They had wanted to change the date when I bailed. How do I get out of this
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Why?!?!! So I went out with some girls I went to highschool with awhile ago. I realized I've nothing in common with them. They wanted to do something this weekend. I made an excuse to bail. Now it's cancelled cause the hostess is sick. I can't use the same excuse next time. They had wanted to change the date when I bailed. How do I get out of this

Women are always getting stuck in these kind of predicaments... it reminds me of how me and my wife went to look at two apartments we already knew we didn’t want because we had found one, but she insisted we go anyway and act like we’re still looking, because she didn’t wanna hurt the landlords feelings... probably the same thing your doing here....

if it were me I’d honestly just say “hey sorry but I really rather not” instead of leading them on... then bailing.... then again I don’t give people I don’t like the wrong impression, In fact I’m usually pretty good at letting them know so they aren’t let down later... call it rude if u want but personally I’d rather not get “led along” clearly you have no intention of hanging out with them...
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Sorry just reading that makes it sound like I’m an azz but I do understand where you’re coming from... and how hard that can be. I just think it’d be easier for you and them (ok maybe just them) if you just told them you weren’t interested....
  • AliNouveau
    I did an oops. I thought we had curling at 8:30 but it was at 6:30. So our team had to default cause we weren't there
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    I did an oops. I thought we had curling at 8:30 but it was at 6:30. So our team had to default cause we weren't there

They couldn't still play without you there?
  • AliNouveau
    You need at least 3. My husband and I play on Fridays. So we both weren't there
  • PaperDoll_
    You need at least 3. My husband and I play on Fridays. So we both weren't there

Ohh. I know nothing really about curling.
  • AliNouveau
    I had even confused who we were to play. What schedule was I looking at?!???
  • Reckoner67
    I had even confused who we were to play. What schedule was I looking at?!???

...the Twilight Zone
  • Reckoner67
    Coincidentally, Twilight Zone was the name of the paintball team I played for for many years
  • Reckoner67
    <do do DOO> the more you know....
  • AliNouveau
    I used to watch the twilight zone

It's ok I missed tonight. We went for drinks and the old perv had been there watching.
  • Reckoner67
    You’ll be pleased to know that there’s some sort of big curling event in my town today. In at my sons wrestling tourney but a friend of mine is watching curling
  • AliNouveau
    Ooooh nice. It's fun to watch especially if you kind of understand it. I like your friend
  • AliNouveau
    Did you know hallmark has movies all year round it seems and I'm watching the worst one ever? The acting is just dreadful
  • PaperDoll_
    My grandma loves the Hallmark movies. I'll watch them with her when I'm visiting, but never would I watch that on my own. lol
  • AliNouveau
    They're really bad and mindless.
    Debbie Gibson was in one. It was one of the worst ever. She sang in it too. Wow her voice is whiney sounding. The current one is taking place in Hawaii
  • PaperDoll_
    I usually try and tune them out as much as possible when my grandma watches them. If she's not watching that, it's Little House on the Prairie and the Waltons which I'd take any day over the Hallmark movies.