Easter Dinner

13»

Replies

• Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    We had brunch instead of Easter dinner and there was quiche, French toast casserole, bacon, ham, sausages, fruit salad, coffee cake and mini cheesecakes!

Yum!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    @Francl27 when i was a kid and they told me it says in the bible that animals dont have souls i was like... this religion thing isnt for me haha... but really i was pretty bummed. You are right from what i remember they aint got no souls.. try and tell my dogs that though. ha.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Sockeye salmon, spinach salad, baked potato. Bread pudding for dessert, but it didn't really turn out because the bread ended up sucking up way more of the custard base than I expected. Oh well. We still had the moscato. :)
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    indigrrl wrote: »
    OMG I love all of you. I was just trying to decide how to log my church Easter potluck lunch, and on a whim typed "potluck" into the database search. If you've never done that, you need to. It's a great reminder not to take ourselves too seriously.

Ha-ha, that's great!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    fishshark wrote: »
    @Francl27 when i was a kid and they told me it says in the bible that animals dont have souls i was like... this religion thing isnt for me haha... but really i was pretty bummed. You are right from what i remember they aint got no souls.. try and tell my dogs that though. ha.

Here's a pretty cool poem you might like.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171425

The Heaven of Animals by James Dickey (best known as the author of the novel Deliverance, later made into a movie, of course).
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    Ok guys I gotta ask. Is lamb the norm for Easter? I was told that it was morbid to eat lamb on Easter but it seems a number of you all have. So... What's the dillio?

My mother always serves lamb at Easter (we're UK) - unfortunately I forgot this when I accepted a lunch invitation - I hate lamb. Way too fatty for me. Plus my mother is very old-fashioned and strongly believes that meat should cover most of the plate so I had to ask her to remove most of it from my plate and then, because I really hate lamb, I palmed the rest off onto other people when she wasn't looking, so's not to hurt her feelings . . . but at least I had some pudding :smile:

Note to self: decline further Easter lunch invitations from my mother.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »

Here's a pretty cool poem you might like.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171425

The Heaven of Animals by James Dickey (best known as the author of the novel Deliverance, later made into a movie, of course).

really awesome!