Tired after blood draw?

Options
2»

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i usually have no problem unless the tech can't find my vein and starts digging around...then they better get ready for me to pass out HAHA
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    This is primarily dependent on your blood volume - your body mass. The larger you are the less impact.

Second to this is how used you are to getting blood drawn/donating.

Take it easy today. Hydrate - drink a V8 or something similar and see how you feel tomorrow.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I know this is a zombie thread, but people still seem to be interested, so I will contribute. I sometimes have a vasovagal response to having blood drawn. I'm fine while it's being done, but as soon as the needle is removed I get extremely lightheaded and close to passing out. Then I feel exhausted for the rest of the day.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I don't recall having any untoward reaction to blood draws. I have one coming next week. It will be the first one since my renewed exercise mode. I have read (Web M.D. I think) that as well as fasting for twelve hours prior that it's advisable to suspend exercise for twenty four hours before the draw. Can anyone confirm?
    Please note that regardless of answers, this is something I will do under the guise of "better being safe than sorry". Thanks.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I don't recall having any untoward reaction to blood draws. I have one coming next week. It will be the first one since my renewed exercise mode. I have read (Web M.D. I think) that as well as fasting for twelve hours prior that it's advisable to suspend exercise for twenty four hours before the draw. Can anyone confirm?
    Please note that regardless of answers, this is something I will do under the guise of "better being safe than sorry". Thanks.

This is something you should ask of the person who ordered the test.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I know this is a zombie thread, but people still seem to be interested, so I will contribute. I sometimes have a vasovagal response to having blood drawn. I'm fine while it's being done, but as soon as the needle is removed I get extremely lightheaded and close to passing out. Then I feel exhausted for the rest of the day.

Ugh. I missed that. The revnant question was about HPV vaccine.