Ad Lib April (All Experience Levels)

Options
13»

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am scared to do this... But I think I really really need to.

I am going to write my carbs down each day on a piece of paper so I can't see the calories. I don't remember the last time I ate when I was hungry rather than eating because it's time for a traditional meal.

I'll be eating my dinner with my little girl and my husband like normal, but everything else will be left up to the hunger gods.

Eeek. I am scared. But this could be freeing if I can lose weight while only considering carbs.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Somehow I'm already up 3 lbs since 3/31. :/ I think I might need to at least log carbs. Based on other factors, my weight should have stabilized or gone down a tad. Not feeling very confident about this so far. I think it might just be the timing for me, with already being in a stage of experimenting with gradually increasing calories and carbs to maintenance level.

Don't give up just yet! Remember, weight fluctuates constantly! Step back to once a week weighing if you have to.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @StephieWillcox - I feel the same!! I like your idea of writing the carbs down, I will do the same, the calorie counter on MFP is too distracting. I feel like yesterday I ate too much food, although I am trying to listen for hunger signals I also don't really know how much to eat :) It is all a learning process...
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    @carom I don't trust the carb creep if I'm not tracking anything. But maybe that could be something for a later time! For the moment if I can just eat when I'm hungry I think that would be a great achievement.

Good luck :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I keep cheating and looking.
    I really do think this is making me eat less. Before extra calories were an excuse to eat but now that I am *trying* to listen to my body, I'm remembering I'm not really hungry before bed.
  • troutlilly
    troutlilly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is this kind of like "intuitive eating"? Listening to bodily cues on hunger?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Somehow I'm already up 3 lbs since 3/31. :/ I think I might need to at least log carbs. Based on other factors, my weight should have stabilized or gone down a tad. Not feeling very confident about this so far. I think it might just be the timing for me, with already being in a stage of experimenting with gradually increasing calories and carbs to maintenance level.

Don't give up just yet! Remember, weight fluctuates constantly! Step back to once a week weighing if you have to.

Thanks!
    I try to keep that in mind but it went higher than it's been in a couple months so that made me a little uneasy. It did go back down a pound and a half today though. Whew. ;) I'm at an odd place where even just gaining a few lbs makes my pants too tight since I always gain first in my midsection.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    This is actually going pretty well for me. I had my doubts. But, I'm not eating any carbs, so there is not much to keep track of.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This is actually going pretty well for me. I had my doubts. But, I'm not eating any carbs, so there is not much to keep track of.

That helps. :) Are you doing All Animal April as well?
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    ^^^ yes- and it's surprisingly easy! I actually started Easter Monday so I have almost 2 weeks in already!
This discussion has been closed.