Which "QUOTE" has helped you in this journey?

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    "just do the next right thing...'

"if nothing changes...nothing changes"
  • CaraMerced
    CaraMerced Posts: 50 Member
    Suck it up buttercup
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Losing weight is hard.
    Staying fat is hard.
    Choose your hard.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited December 2017
    slide_15.jpg

success-1.jpg?w=300&h=225

487507308.jpg?327
  • moaning_myrtle7
    moaning_myrtle7 Posts: 4 Member
    "Set goals, keep quiet about them, smash the sit outta them and clap for your own damn self"
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    senecarr wrote: »
    "Yeah, losing weight is hard. Being obese is hard. Choose your hard." - James Hill of the NWCR
    I like that. If I may, I would like to change the end....Losing weight is hard. Being obese is fatal.
  • bigizzy
    bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
    "Your biggest challenge isn't someone else; it's the ache in your lungs, the burning in your legs, & the voice inside you that yells, "I can't!" But you don't listen, you push harder. You hear the voice whisper "I Can"...and you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are." --unknown
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    A river does not cut through rock by its strength, but rather it’s persistence.
  • jrae75
    jrae75 Posts: 16 Member
    "I can and I will." I bought myself a bracelet with that saying on it when I hit my halfway mark of 20lbs lost. I'm now just shy of 30lbs down. It's my journey, I own it, I can, and I will.
  • Moxiemama5678
    Moxiemama5678 Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2018
    Exercise makes me happy.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Excellent thread - needed today as am sat at desk counting down til 5:30 thinking, 'can I be bothered to go to the gym for weights after work'.

If not now, when?!?! awesome - as looking at my diary and rest of exercise plan I cannot fit in a sensible weights day this week apart from tonight!
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    It’s a slow process but quitting won’t speed it up!
  • Kclee2903
    Kclee2903 Posts: 37 Member
    v2hzqtqh5kcx.jpg
  • Kclee2903
    Kclee2903 Posts: 37 Member
    7xsc4quzsn51.jpg
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    I've avoided hunger pangs my WHOLE LIFE. Like I'm sure I'm dying if my stomach growls. No wonder I've battled my weight forever. So when I read "Become friends with hunger every now and then" on the maintenance boards (I wish I could credit whomever said that) it resonated with me and has really helped me!
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    I carry mine everyday. Don’t Die Wondering
  • neerajanarayan1967
    neerajanarayan1967 Posts: 41 Member
    I have to lose around 80 lbs. When I used to think about losing it was frustrating. But I saw a quote in my kid's school " THE JOURNEY OF 1000 KILOMETERS STARTS FROM THE FIRST STEP". This quote is an eyeopening one for me.
  • loumoon5
    loumoon5 Posts: 31 Member
    Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. - Arthur Ashe
  • cbohling1987
    cbohling1987 Posts: 99 Member
    "Don't get too hung up on trying to look good naked. I've been there and it's a dark dark place."

-user named i_yell_things on Reddit
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!