Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Useless Fact of the Day

1144145147149150

Replies

  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    Apparently, the pinky swear originally meant that if you break the promise you had to cut off your pinky 😲 but dont quote me on this. Its something I read. Hopefully this is not true

    I've read that too.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,542Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,542Member, Premium Member
    The word cymbal comes from the Greek word kumbalom, which means small bowl.
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,273Member Member Posts: 1,273Member Member
    Sunlight increases serotonin levels. So, sunshine actually can help improve your mood.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,542Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,542Member, Premium Member
    Sunlight increases serotonin levels. So, sunshine actually can help improve your mood.

    Not nearly as good as doing something to decrease or eliminate pain in one's life by doing something like getting horrendously deteriorating hips replaced! Of all the things I was told to expect as a result the most surprising and affecting change was the turnaround in my disposition, almost immediate...and so far, lasting 🙂
    edited September 11
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1CArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 691Member, Premium Member Posts: 691Member, Premium Member
    An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    The story of Jack and the Beanstalk is believed to be over 5,000 years old. Rumpelstiltskin and Beauty and the Beast are thought to be around 4,000 years old.
  • aaronroy3aaronroy3 Posts: 50Member Member Posts: 50Member Member
    When food is spoiling, hard food gets soft and soft food gets hard!
  • mmultanenmmultanen Posts: 1,022Member Member Posts: 1,022Member Member
    a 1 minute kiss burns roughly 25 calories.

    it's gonna take a lot of making out to burn off that donut.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    a 1 minute kiss burns roughly 25 calories.

    it's gonna take a lot of making out to burn off that donut.

    Is that what MFP says? Because they are always way off about exercise calories burnt.
  • mmultanenmmultanen Posts: 1,022Member Member Posts: 1,022Member Member
    Actually i found that on the internet somewhere years ago and tucked it away because it also came with the fact that climbing stairs in your home burns roughly 20 calories (one way, up or down). I've retained it all these years because, according to the internet, kissing has more caloric burn than stair climbing. And this is something I can believe in.

    And everything you read on the internet is true.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Actually i found that on the internet somewhere years ago and tucked it away because it also came with the fact that climbing stairs in your home burns roughly 20 calories (one way, up or down). I've retained it all these years because, according to the internet, kissing has more caloric burn than stair climbing. And this is something I can believe in.

    And everything you read on the internet is true.

    Did you read that on the jogging while kissing website?
  • mmultanenmmultanen Posts: 1,022Member Member Posts: 1,022Member Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Actually i found that on the internet somewhere years ago and tucked it away because it also came with the fact that climbing stairs in your home burns roughly 20 calories (one way, up or down). I've retained it all these years because, according to the internet, kissing has more caloric burn than stair climbing. And this is something I can believe in.

    And everything you read on the internet is true.

    Did you read that on the jogging while kissing website?

    If there's not a kissing while jogging website I will now create one. Because I feel we've stumbled on a new fitness craze here. MOVE OVER CROSSFIT!
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Actually i found that on the internet somewhere years ago and tucked it away because it also came with the fact that climbing stairs in your home burns roughly 20 calories (one way, up or down). I've retained it all these years because, according to the internet, kissing has more caloric burn than stair climbing. And this is something I can believe in.

    And everything you read on the internet is true.

    Did you read that on the jogging while kissing website?

    If there's not a kissing while jogging website I will now create one. Because I feel we've stumbled on a new fitness craze here. MOVE OVER CROSSFIT!

    So far there is not. Which is also a useless fact :)
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,273Member Member Posts: 1,273Member Member
    Sunlight increases serotonin levels. So, sunshine actually can help improve your mood.

    Not nearly as good as doing something to decrease or eliminate pain in one's life by doing something like getting horrendously deteriorating hips replaced! Of all the things I was told to expect as a result the most surprising and affecting change was the turnaround in my disposition, almost immediate...and so far, lasting 🙂

    Yep, I imagine getting out of pain would be a better mood boost than sunlight. Glad you’re feeling better.
    edited September 11
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,273Member Member Posts: 1,273Member Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Actually i found that on the internet somewhere years ago and tucked it away because it also came with the fact that climbing stairs in your home burns roughly 20 calories (one way, up or down). I've retained it all these years because, according to the internet, kissing has more caloric burn than stair climbing. And this is something I can believe in.

    And everything you read on the internet is true.

    Did you read that on the jogging while kissing website?

    If there's not a kissing while jogging website I will now create one. Because I feel we've stumbled on a new fitness craze here. MOVE OVER CROSSFIT!

    Hmmm, 25 calories per minute would be 1500/hour, so that’s even a better calorie burn rate than CrossFit and most if not all other cardio...
    I wonder if that’s gross or net calories? 🤔
  • theresa120theresa120 Posts: 14,185Member Member Posts: 14,185Member Member
    The little plastic things on the ends of drawstrings or shoelaces are called “Aglets”
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,542Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,542Member, Premium Member
    Sunlight increases serotonin levels. So, sunshine actually can help improve your mood.

    Not nearly as good as doing something to decrease or eliminate pain in one's life by doing something like getting horrendously deteriorating hips replaced! Of all the things I was told to expect as a result the most surprising and affecting change was the turnaround in my disposition, almost immediate...and so far, lasting 🙂

    Yep, I imagine getting out of pain would be a better mood boost than sunlight. Glad you’re feeling better.

    Didn't mean to minimize the effect of sunlight 🙂 You do tend to appreciate it and maybe get out into more when you are feeling well or better after pain.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    Burning books deletes information, while burning CDs duplicates information.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,842Member Member Posts: 33,842Member Member
    theresa120 wrote: »
    The little plastic things on the ends of drawstrings or shoelaces are called “Aglets”

    Did you know there's more than one way to lace a shoe depending on what you are doing?
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1CArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 691Member, Premium Member Posts: 691Member, Premium Member
    The Dwarf Sea Horse is the slowest fish in the World
Sign In or Register to comment.