Not losing weight at deficit of 1500 calories daily?

2»

Replies

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    You're not burning nearly as many calories as you think you are, for one thing, and really, why are you exercising so much? You realize that you can have the same calorie deficit by simply eating fewer calories, right? Maybe running your body ragged while also underfeeding it isn't the best idea? Really, why would you ever think that so much exercise is a good way to lose weight. Are you going to do that every day for the rest of your life, or just until you've lost the weight you want to lose? Because guess what happens when your exercise drops off, but you continue eating the same way… :huh:
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    The post was from July. She's probably dead. (Just kidding.)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Newbie muscles gains plus water weight.

But, why are you starving your body? You'll see better progress in your workouts if you eat to fuel them properly.

This

Four pounds in six weeks is a pretty good loss. The water weight you've probably gained from the exercise is masking the rest of your loss.

And as others have said, eat to fuel your workouts.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I am just not getting it then. How will I create calorie deficit if I am eating more? I am aiming for at least of net deficit of 7000 calories or more every week at the moment, but as I said it doesn't show up on the scale. So confused right now!

EDIT: I really hate when someone brings up an ancient post and I miss the date and waste my time by commenting.