How Making CHOICES Has Helped Me Lose Over 80 pounds.

Options

Replies

• Gretzmo
    Gretzmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have to admit some success posts can be tl;dr, but not this one! Like many others I found this post when I needed it most, thank you for sharing!
  • ponybrown
    ponybrown Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi @godlikepoetyes. Thanks for your post. I'm going to focus on the opportunity I have to CHOOSE this week. Choose what to eat, when to exercise (I know you like to 'move' but I like to exercise) and choose how I feel. It really is a privilege to be able to do all of these things. Thanks. Allison
  • kbred0323
    kbred0323 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This just changed my life. Thank you for sharing and congrats on your success!
  • aquirico
    aquirico Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This has spoken to me like no other post I've ever read on this site. Thank you SO much. I've been struggling with so many of the issues you raised for forever. This morning, I decided to give myself the summer to really commit to this process and see if I can do it on my own. If I've failed by the fall, I will seek more extreme measures. Thank you!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I agree - life is about choices. I tell my teenage kids that every day. Now I need to practice what I preach. I will re-read your post regularly, to remind me to "show up". :)
  • MomGraz
    MomGraz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yours is the best attitude toward weight loss I have seen in years. You have hit the mark and I thank you for sharing.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Halleujah! Good job. If you don't change your mind, nothing will change.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Very inspiring story!
  • StacyLynnBennett
    StacyLynnBennett Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I have been doing the same thing for years and this year finally have drilled in my head that I am not on a diet I'm eating the calories and the fat grams I should every day I don't limit myself to eating something good every once and a while. I'm not working out I'm making my body more healthy. I thank you for the encouraging words and know that anybody can do this if you make up you mind to do it and stick with it. Don't ever give up!!!!
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thank You for inspiration!
  • caffeinified
    caffeinified Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Show up and keep showing up. I need to remind myself of this more often. Thanks for this post!
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    kbred0323 wrote: »
    This just changed my life. Thank you for sharing and congrats on your success!

I am so glad that my posts are reaching people. I do think that we all have many of the exact, EXACT same issues--those voices in our heads, the cake calling to us from the garbage. We are more alike than different.
  • godlikepoetyes
    Options
    MomGraz wrote: »
    Yours is the best attitude toward weight loss I have seen in years. You have hit the mark and I thank you for sharing.

But please know this--my attitude is not always great. I have so many moments when things are hard and I slip under. But then big difference now is that I can, and do, pull myself back up. I'm getting so strong that I can lift myself from the pool with my ARMS. !!
  • godlikepoetyes
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I have been doing the same thing for years and this year finally have drilled in my head that I am not on a diet I'm eating the calories and the fat grams I should every day I don't limit myself to eating something good every once and a while. I'm not working out I'm making my body more healthy. I thank you for the encouraging words and know that anybody can do this if you make up you mind to do it and stick with it. Don't ever give up!!!!

YES. NOT a DIET. NEVER a DIET. We are eating and moving about on the face of the earth. We are well in soul and body. Look up at the beating heart of the sky!
  • pdxddd
    pdxddd Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OP I copied your post with your credentials and pasted it into an email and sent it to myself so I can get inspired again in the future, even though the email was just to myself , ,,, you still get total credit!
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    This needs to be bumped up for new people to read

@godlikepoetyes This post was so awesome!
    Just
    Show
    Up
    :-)
    So simple and true for everything in life
  • blackchick46
    blackchick46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is so real life
  • Slappydap
    Slappydap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love this post !!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Incredible post congrats on your success!
  • staylo1313
    staylo1313 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This should be a "must read" for every new person on MFP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!