Starbucks options?

2»

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    What?? :s
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    OK-time to give up my daily Starbuck's habit (trying to save some $$). What is a good low calorie coffee creamer that would compare to a caramel macchiato?

Have you tried coffee?

They have coffee in light, medium, and a dark roast. I drink it black ( 5 calories) or add in a splash of half/half which sets you back about 20 - 40 calories. It's only $2 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. If you're forcing yourself to drink it by adding flavored syrups then perhaps you just don't like coffee. Maybe you never really tried it or explored the various blends?

ETA: A caramel macchiato isn't exactly coffee. Sure it has coffee in it but it doesn't taste like coffee.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I bought SB's sugar-free caramel syrup at SB for $10.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »

How many calories are in that?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    ladyraiah wrote: »
    International Delight has a Caramel Macchiato creamer. I think it's like 35 cal/Tbsp. It is pretty sweet though, so I am generally ok with about a tsp and a little stevia or splenda.

I have a ton of co-workers who swear by this stuff (it's apparently sugar-free also) when they don't go to Starbucks. And wow! Sorry you've had so many people who can't seem to read your post, lol! Like, you were pretty clear in what you were asking, so not sure where all the Starbucks-hating trolls came from!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    tall cold brew with a pump of caramel sweetner is only 25 calories.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

How many calories are in that?

0, I believe. I'll have to check the bottle when I get home.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    nosajjao wrote: »
    The best option is to not go to Starbucks. The best option is to not consume 500 calorie coffee flavored beverages.

Not everything there is 500-calories. I get the Venti Cold Brew Blended (5-calories) and add a scoop of protein powder for my morning coffee on the regular. And it isn't that expensive ($3.34)
  • crittergirl222
    crittergirl222 Posts: 120 Member
    Right? I thought it was just me! I guess there are some coffee purists out there who take this stuff very seriously! :D

I will be picking this stuff up STAT! Thank you! <3
    ladyraiah wrote: »
    International Delight has a Caramel Macchiato creamer. I think it's like 35 cal/Tbsp. It is pretty sweet though, so I am generally ok with about a tsp and a little stevia or splenda.

I have a ton of co-workers who swear by this stuff (it's apparently sugar-free also) when they don't go to Starbucks. And wow! Sorry you've had so many people who can't seem to read your post, lol! Like, you were pretty clear in what you were asking, so not sure where all the Starbucks-hating trolls came from!