Spam

2»

Replies

• Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    I love spam. But all the cheap knockoffs are crappy....
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Oh my goodness, that brings back nightmares from my childhood, my dad loved that stuff, along with those cans of "deviled ham" I want to barf just thinking about it. I already eat bacon, which is questionable enough as a processed food in my book, and that's as far as I'm willing to go. I have tried it as an adult though, I ordered the musubi at a Hawaiian restaurant, kind of as a joke, it's still as gross as I remembered from when I was a wee one.

Yes this brings back childhood nightmares for me too - spam fritters!!!! :s it's what we had for tea when we were skint!! :D

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Oh my goodness, that brings back nightmares from my childhood, my dad loved that stuff, along with those cans of "deviled ham" I want to barf just thinking about it. I already eat bacon, which is questionable enough as a processed food in my book, and that's as far as I'm willing to go. I have tried it as an adult though, I ordered the musubi at a Hawaiian restaurant, kind of as a joke, it's still as gross as I remembered from when I was a wee one.

My husband eats that "deviled ham" crap. I call it cat food. The smell... UGH

Lol!!!! Yes!! It totally looks and smells like cat food! My parents would make sandwiches for me with that stuff. I just threw them away, i couldnt stomach it. No wonder I was skinny when I was little. I was in so much trouble when I grew up and discovered how yummy food could really be.

I am so sorry. I'd be a rail too!

I tried the chicken one once, thinking MAYBE it'd be better. It was cheap and high in fat. Worst. Idea. Ever.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    t2uk1arql4am.jpg

>:) or o:)

That picture just triggered an awesome craving for me. I may have to plan some for this upcoming weekend. It's been a while. Back in the day, we had it with bread most of the time...with Miracle Whip. I think I'll just scramble it up with some eggs and cheese.
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Love Spam with Kimchee.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    hakamruth wrote: »
    Love Spam with Kimchee.

Hmmmm, never had both together, may have to try that! Thanks,

Dan
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I've never had spam. It looks kinda scary. Can anyone tell me what it tastes like? It looks like a can shaped hotdog.

Yes exactly lol. I've never tried it either, it's like one of those foods you don't ever eat, yet the store still sells it. It's like ham-ish , right, so must be like hot dog, maybe
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    It's sort of, but not, like ham. All pressed together. Not bad. Does not taste like potted meat, thankfully, lol!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Mmmmm, Spam! I love it because it brings me memories of Plate Lunch in Hawaii. Unfortunately no eating it with rice, teriyaki sauce, and macaroni salad (the way it should be eaten, lol).... so I haven't had any for 16 yrs. Now I have a bit of a craving for salty crap meat, d*mn you, @KenSmith108.

BTW its name is a shortened form: SPiced hAM.