What is keeping you going?

2»

Replies

• lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    How good I feel :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I am motivated to keep going because I found something that works and something that I enjoy. It's no longer a chore for me.
  • uthinkuknowme
    uthinkuknowme Posts: 126 Member
    I exercise so I can eat/drink what I want, and not feel guilty. Cause, come on, beer* tastes too good to have just one.

* referring to anything by DuClaw, AMB, Highlands, or other craft brewer of fine porters and stouts
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    I actually had a dream of my feature self and how I would look. That and I want to have children some day. Another one of the main reasons I keep going is because I know I have God on my side and the results seeing isn't so bad either :)
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    I stay motivated to follow my Doctor directions to stay healthy and because I have had three knee replacements on the same knee in a three year time frame at some point will have to have my other knee done but am hoping by getting into shape and looseing weight that it will help me to keep putting the surgery off for as long as possible
  • claralydiaj
    claralydiaj Posts: 3 Member
    I have a terrible fear of being unhealthy. So it's mostly that for me. Also my dad has a lot of health issues and I don't want to suffer like he does.
  • miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    My health an family keep me going on this journey.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    The fact that I've been at this for 6 months which is the longest I've ever stuck to any eating/exercise plan keeps me going. This feels like it could turn into a lifestyle change instead of a temporary plan.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    The fact that I've been at this for 6 months which is the longest I've ever stuck to any eating/exercise plan keeps me going. This feels like it could turn into a lifestyle change instead of a temporary plan.

Totally agree with the fact that it's a lifestyle change. I don't look at this as a diet, diets suck and they fail.

As far as why I'm doing this and what motivates me all the reasons are totally selfish. I finally realize that if I try to do this for somebody else it's not going to work I have to do this for myself.