I Messed Up :(

Options
2»

Replies

• TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If that's the worst mistake you made all day, you're doing fine. Forgive yourself, decide what you'll do next time, and move on. Keep a healthy snack (that you actually like) on hand for when you're busy like that. Give yourself the 80/20 rule. If you make healthy choices for yourself 80% of the time, the 20% you don't are not going to hold you back.
  • Pickleheadgirl
    Pickleheadgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - and don't beat yourself up over what you can't change. Just tell yourself that you won't do that again this month (or at least not this week!) That is literally all you need to do. One day at a time and when it sucks - one HOUR at a time. :)
  • TasiaD28
    TasiaD28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! It is so nice to be able to come on here and vent a little a d receive support and honesty! I should have made a better choice, but not I know for the future. Good thing is, since I know I tend to stress eat and I am trying you shape up, I can remember how nasty that burger made me feel and I'm going going to have healthy options written down and prepared for the test of finals week!! :smiley:
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You messed up but you recognise that and can move on! Well done for that!
  • aprilkorn
    aprilkorn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I impulsively had a big Mac and was feeling real discouraged but then I looked at my weekly calories and even with the one day over, my average is still under goal. Made me feel better
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I say, have Burger King and make it fit into your calories. While it shouldn't be the only thing you eat, even a burger and fries can be part of a healthy diet. The burger's a good source of protein, iron, and vitamin B12.

The way I see it, don't give up things to lose weight that you won't give up to maintain weight - eat like you plan to eat when you're at goal, just in the right portions to create the deficit.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't even call that messing up. I call it "re-arranging the plan". Delete enough of the next planned meal to cover the calories from just having it early, and change the remaining calories of the next meal to a fibrous vegetable, or something similarly low-density high-fiber. If you're trying to be vegan, I promise not to tell your RL friends.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    One Burger King hamburger or cheeseburger isn't going to kill you I prefer Wendy's. Don't beat yourself up if that's what you needed to get through exams that's what you needed to get through the exams.
    Remember we are all on a long journey and you're not on a diet you're on a lifestyle change. I've been on diets before and I failed diets aren't fun what I'm currently doing is fun and you know what whether I want to go out with my friends and have a beer or stop by for lunch and have a Burger King hamburger in the scope of things long-term it doesn't matter. As long as you don't do it every day have fun on your journey