Options

Replies

• readytochange42
    readytochange42 Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    pvju wrote: »
    And not all strippers are great pole dancers - you can make just as much gliding around the stage looking hot as you can doing impressive moves on the pole. Plus, pole dancing can result in unsightly bruises and brush burns - not great for the appearance when you work mostly naked and the pole is shared so if you're a germ-phobe like me that's a deterrent.

This idea that you can't resist the lure of drugs is so ridiculous though. If you're prone to addiction - it's everywhere - nurses become addicts, high school kids become addicts, housewives. I never found adult work to tempt me to do substances. They aren't my thing.

The environment as a whole is going to cater to drug use far more than working in a doctors office of whatever. Yes, there are addicts everywhere...but one is more apt to use and abuse in an environment that is conducive to that...c'mon.

Agreed. Plus, the abject objectification from men can damage a person's soul. You're just a "thing" and not a person to them. That is hard on your soul. But the money is good and that makes it heard to quit... and this is where drug use tends to come into play.

Sure, there are a handful of success stories where a girl did it just for a few years to "pay for college" or whatever and moved on to better things. But the Overwhelming majority of strippers have emotional damage, either from childhood or from stripping for too long. That emotional damage leads them into or to stick with a job like stripping because they don't feel they deserve respect.

There is value... societal and personal value, in being respected. It's a slippery slope. Good Luck with your decision!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Good lord... this thread is still going???
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    Well just to add another opinion 1. No this isn't a troll I seriously wanted to know what others thought about it but I'm busy. 2. I don't have time to read and participate. I do it when I can. But this has only been a bucket list idea for college I have no intentions of doing it long term but it's something I want to try and my family is okay with it. 3. I don't want to work at hooters because I don't want to work in the food industry.

What's REALLY getting me in all this is the parents are ok with you stripping? Uh....why?
  • Gainz147
    Gainz147 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    There is nothing at all wrong with been a stripper
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    It's the remix to Ignition

Hot and fresh out the kitchen

Mama rollin that body, got every man in here wishin!

• JenniferSchaffer1
    JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it then do it! I see no problem with it as long as you keep it professional just as you would any other job it comes with morals and guidelines you cannot cross. I know a lot of woman who have done it to pay for schooling for other even some single mothers they have now all moved on and have successful jobs.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    And not all strippers are great pole dancers - you can make just as much gliding around the stage looking hot as you can doing impressive moves on the pole. Plus, pole dancing can result in unsightly bruises and brush burns - not great for the appearance when you work mostly naked and the pole is shared so if you're a germ-phobe like me that's a deterrent.

This idea that you can't resist the lure of drugs is so ridiculous though. If you're prone to addiction - it's everywhere - nurses become addicts, high school kids become addicts, housewives. I never found adult work to tempt me to do substances. They aren't my thing.

The environment as a whole is going to cater to drug use far more than working in a doctors office of whatever. Yes, there are addicts everywhere...but one is more apt to use and abuse in an environment that is conducive to that...c'mon.

Agreed. Plus, the abject objectification from men can damage a person's soul. You're just a "thing" and not a person to them. That is hard on your soul. But the money is good and that makes it heard to quit... and this is where drug use tends to come into play.

Sure, there are a handful of success stories where a girl did it just for a few years to "pay for college" or whatever and moved on to better things. But the Overwhelming majority of strippers have emotional damage, either from childhood or from stripping for too long. That emotional damage leads them into or to stick with a job like stripping because they don't feel they deserve respect.

There is value... societal and personal value, in being respected. It's a slippery slope. Good Luck with your decision!

A "handful of success stories"???

:huh:

I wonder if your sample size might be a little skewed and not representative.

But then that's hardly your fault. It isn't like they necessarily put that on their resume after graduating.

But it is your fault that you extrapolated your obviously limited personal experience.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Oh hi.
    What is going on here?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I once put a dollar in a stripper's g-string and I think I scratched her with my nail, so you have to be careful out there.
  • jnichel
    Options

Why is it that the people who judge the most are often the ones who follow a religion that tells you not to judge?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that watches Criminal Minds and he says he saw an episode where a stripper was murdered. (I don't know if she was currently in college, but if she was, she will never graduate.) Dang. Do your parents watch the show at all?
  • dreday478
    dreday478 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

I don't think anything wrong with being a stripper,don't let anyone judge you for that if that what you wanna do.......
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    I once put a dollar in a stripper's g-string and I think I scratched her with my nail, so you have to be careful out there.

But this means there's hope for the OP, the stripper was NOT naked
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Do we seriously not have one or eleven or so strippers who could come in here and help us out? I feel like MFP has failed here. Maybe if we made it rain?
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread! So entertaining!

Please, continue! :smiley:
  • jnichel
    Options
    Jessyd76 wrote: »
    :heart: this thread! So entertaining!

Please, continue! :smiley:

You'll need to stuff some money in my banana hammock for me to continue.